The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to go out and buy some new weights. I noticed that Target has Kettle Balls on sale as well as 10 and 12 pound free weights. Currently I use the 8 lb free weights or weighted bars. Does anyone use the Kettle Balls and what exactly to you do with them. I am wondering if it would do me good the shake up my workouts to build some new muscle memory.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I don't use the kettles, but got some fixed free weights from Walmart, where the weight is hexagonal shaped. I put a 20lb weight in each hand and alternate curls for a set and then move to the floor and do push ups I find it easier to hold the weight bar than hands directly on the floor. A set alternating over the head does the shoulders, and then I bought a cheap bench that I use to do various pectoral exercises. This bench works great for situps/crunches too (easy to start with half incline). The bench may not be the strongest one out there but it takes up little space and can even fold simply by pulling out a pin. Easy to work the upper body.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts