The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,368 Posts
You definitely are one of the lucky ones. Most of us have to give up all the former carbs we loved and add exercise to keep our bgs at a low level. Most of my bgs now are in the low 100's and HbA1c is in the low to mid 5's, but I am still diabetic and always will. I would think you may be going through some type of honeymoon, but be wary honeymoons do end at some point. I would not tempt fate too much. There is always the exception to the rule and I guess you are it. We all know people who eat a terrible high carb diet, are overweight, don't exercise and have great bgs.

Reactions: webbmaster

· Registered
4,368 Posts
I wonder if when you were dx'd you were suffering from some kind of inflammation that spiked your bgs that high. So once they put you on insulin it gave your pancreas a rest and let it reset it's self. Whatever caused it , it is great for you. I have tried to give up the Metformin several times. Everytime I try to cut my dose I spike above 120 and start getting liver dumps again. Lots of people can lose weight and return bgs to normal. I am now 120 pounds and still on the maximum dose of metformin.

Reactions: webbmaster
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.