Here are my numbers for today

1. Fasting 101
2. 2 hours later before breakfast 116
3. After breakfast (1 hour) = 116
4. After breakfast (2 hours) = 114
5. Before Lunch = 112
6. After Lunch (1 hour) = 114
7. After Lunch (2 hours) = 114

My BG has been 114 (+/- 2) range from 9AM. Thats 8 hours now and I am not liking it. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just ranting myself off !! It seems sometimes that this Diabetes has a mind of it's own

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
If I wait 2 hours after waking to eat my bgs will jump 30 points. That is your liver umping glucose because you didn't eat. So I usually grab something small as soon as I wake up like a low carb cookie or a piece of bacon or sausage. This is usually enough to limit the extent of the spike and keep bgs close to 100. Lots of times when I do eat my bgs go down because eating jump starts my insulin production.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep I know about the liver dump when I do not eat for a while in the morning but the numbers through out the day were weird

Guess what

Evening : 115
Before Dinner: 111
After dinner (2 hours) = 116

Strange isn't it ?

God knows why my D is in love with 116 today. :pout:

These last few days are going to spoil my HbA1C in 2 weeks from now.

Lets hope tomorrow's better !

It's Good night from this side of the world !

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Tony, as I understand these numbers might be elevated for you, I would kill to have numbers consistent like this! Hope you get to where you want to be!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I'm only suprised with the stubborness. Now nearing three hours I was at 114. Wasted too many strips today...

·
Registered
497 Posts
With a 116 average, that makes your A1C 5.5, that is pretty good. No?

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With a 116 average, that makes your A1C 5.5, that is pretty good. No?
Yup... My only issue that since my vildagliptin has been stopped my averages are slowly creeping upwards. I would like the downward trend to start now...

·
Registered
497 Posts
You worry too much, relax man!!! Take it easy.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Yup... My only issue that since my vildagliptin has been stopped my averages are slowly creeping upwards. I would like the downward trend to start now...
Yeah, I know what that feels like. Diabetes is determined to teach us patience -

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hey Tony,

What meter do you use? I'm gonig to buy stock in it with all those strips you're using up. I'm just kidding, whatever it takes to feel cozy. I did that too when I first got DXed.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You worry too much, relax man!!! Take it easy.
You sound like my wife ! Speaking of her, I better sleep. Others I'll be shot !

This forum is really addictive :D

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hey Tony,

What meter do you use? I'm gonig to buy stock in it with all those strips you're using up. I'm just kidding, whatever it takes to feel cozy. I did that too when I first got DXed.
I am helping a small company in Taiwan grow into a MNC. I guess Im probably one of their only customers in India ! On ebay they show only a few units and strips sold in India, I guess half of them to me. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.