The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just finished my 4th meal a little while ago, which was 2-and-a-1/2 cups of salad (Spinach, Romaine and Iceberg) with some red cabbage, sliced carrot, TWO (yup, only two) cherry tomatoes, some no-sugar Caesar dressing, Fresh Parmesan, bacon bits and 2 cut-up slices of ham. For a drink I had a glass of sugar-free (sucralose) wild cherry flavored carbonated soda. All stuff I've eaten MANY times before...

Now, I didn't test my BG's before this meal, so I could've been 'up there' then, and likely was... because after dinner (about 50 minutes after I started eating) I tested a 7.2 (130) :eek: which I double-checked (second reading was very close...) I know some people won't freak out at a 7.2, but I like to keep myself UNDER 6.6 (120) at all times, even after meals.

Of course, I determined to fix it IMMEDIATELY and jumped on my spin bike for 8 minutes. Then I was down to 4.6 (83)... tested again 30 minutes later to be sure, and still 4.6 (83)...

Weird. Just weird. I can't see any real reason to have spiked up there, and maybe I shouldn't be letting it bug me, but it's REALLY bugging me... :mad:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Every once in awhile I get those off readings. Actually sometimes if I just eat a salad my liver decides to give my endocrine system a boost. I will never figure out diabetes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts