The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know exactly what it is, probably the metformin and not eating. Before my numbers were around 130+ anytime I tested. Since taking meds and reducing my calorie intake, I have lost 9 pounds. I was already working out like a fiend(3-6 days a week) and had adjusted my diet some and lost squat.

Now I take my Metformin, eat between 800-1000 calories/ day, work out like a fiend. Great to see some weight loss! Only about 25 pounds to go. My numbers are between 108-125 now.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I don't know exactly what it is, probably the metformin and not eating. Before my numbers were around 130+ anytime I tested. Since taking meds and reducing my calorie intake, I have lost 9 pounds. I was already working out like a fiend(3-6 days a week) and had adjusted my diet some and lost squat.

Now I take my Metformin, eat between 800-1000 calories/ day, work out like a fiend. Great to see some weight loss! Only about 25 pounds to go. My numbers are between 108-125 now.
I'm *REALLY* worried about your caloric intake, matsumom ... if you're working out heavily, 800-1000 calories daily is a starvation amount. Heck, it's a starvation amount even if you're NOT working out heavily...

It's no wonder you've had trouble losing weight before the metformin... (Most people lose weight when started on met... I'm not sure if it's the met itself, or a combination of the met and the reduced sugars most people adopt when they start it...)

You may want to look at feeding the machine, unless there's some reason (thyroid, etc.) for an extremely slow metabolism...

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I'm glad you lost weight but 800-1000 calories is too low. I probably take in double that and I don't gain weight. The problem with low calorie diets is they slow your metabolism down which is counterproductive. Believe me I was the queen of dieting for many years and have done every diet out there. With most I did regain the weight when I stopped. What you need to do is find a lifestyle way of eating that is healthy . A lot of us eat 3 healthy meals and 2-3 healthy snacks during the day. I am also very active with exercise and I know how many calories I need to do that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts