The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doctor's office called today. Lucky me. My body is producing too much cortisol so off I go for more testing. Needless to say, I am devastated, heartbroken, scared to death. Could really use some prayers..........................

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
There can be many non-scary reasons to have higher cortisol and it can often be lowered with supplements. I'm not familiar with any symptoms you may have but I'm hoping that you'll be able to take some extra supplements and feel much better!

*HUG* Let us know how things go. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There can be many non-scary reasons to have higher cortisol and it can often be lowered with supplements. I'm not familiar with any symptoms you may have but I'm hoping that you'll be able to take some extra supplements and feel much better!

*HUG* Let us know how things go. I've got my fingers crossed for you.
Thanks so much Daytona! I am suffering from extreme anxiety, weakness and brain fog. Good times in my household!

·
Registered
360 Posts
My doctor's office called today. Lucky me. My body is producing too much cortisol so off I go for more testing. Needless to say, I am devastated, heartbroken, scared to death. Could really use some prayers..........................
I am lifting you up in prayer.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Thisstinks, just try and take a deep cleansing breath and relax...I deal with a great amount of stress in my life as well. It is very difficult to calm the body down, but you must take time to do what makes you feel the most relaxed, whether it be a nice calming, soaking bath with candles and soft music, a glass of merlot (actually very good for you so I'm told as a diabetic), yoga, meditation...whatever it takes. I know how you feel, and I am praying for you right now. Good Luck and keep us posted.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Sending all good thoughts - and thinking of all the times I or friends were scared about some health issue and it all worked out. This is a club I'm expecting you to be a member of <making up your badge right now.>

Hope you get the tests soon, and some information - not knowing is the worst part!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
We're still here, Jenn . . . keep us posted & we'll keep you propped up! ;) Now we know whence cometh the saying "when it rains, it pours" . . . hang in there, sweet lady. :hug:

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
He, Jenn: I have a coworker who had Cushing's disease, caused by microadenoma of the pituitary. Her BP was elevated and she had other symptoms for YEARS, before her internist (and mine!) finally diagnosed her.

She had surgery and all of her symptoms have subsided and she is doing GREAT!

And I also know the wife of a T2D who had that surgery -- same outcome.

Do not give up hope!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks so much Daytona! I am suffering from extreme anxiety, weakness and brain fog. Good times in my household!
I think I need my Dr to test my Cortisol too. I am suffering from the same and my husband thinks I have an attitude all the time and it is putting stress on my marriage, which in turn is putting stress on me.

I am being told all the time that I shouldn't be acting the way I am because I have no reason to be like this..............

So much understanding for me dealing with PCOS, T2D, Hypo-thyroidism, depression, hypertension and Vitamin D deficiency. :mad:

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
My prayers are also with you, Stinky (<---like my new nickname for you? :) )

It's in these moments that I'm glad I became a member of this forum with all its warm , friendly, caring members. Please let us know how everything turns out.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My prayers are also with you, Stinky (<---like my new nickname for you? :) )

It's in these moments that I'm glad I became a member of this forum with all its warm , friendly, caring members. Please let us know how everything turns out.
I love my new nickname. Very fitting. Every time I hear from the doctor I get stinky news :)! I am glad I joined this forum too. I had my blood drawn Tuesday morning to check my ACTH levels (some other hormone). Depending on the levels, that will let them know if it is my pituitary gland or my adrenal glands. I took the 24 hour urine test and it was elevated but not three times the limit like they like to see but my cortisol level did not suppress when I took medicine at 11:00 one night and had my blood drawn the next morning. So that gets me a Cushings diagnosis. Just don't know if it is disease or syndrome. But my blood sugar has been excellent! Go figure!

Love you guys!

Stinky

Reactions: moon and foxl
1 - 13 of 13 Posts