The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doctor's office called today. Lucky me. My body is producing too much cortisol so off I go for more testing. Needless to say, I am devastated, heartbroken, scared to death. Could really use some prayers..........................

· Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There can be many non-scary reasons to have higher cortisol and it can often be lowered with supplements. I'm not familiar with any symptoms you may have but I'm hoping that you'll be able to take some extra supplements and feel much better!

*HUG* Let us know how things go. I've got my fingers crossed for you.
Thanks so much Daytona! I am suffering from extreme anxiety, weakness and brain fog. Good times in my household!

· Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My prayers are also with you, Stinky (<---like my new nickname for you? :) )

It's in these moments that I'm glad I became a member of this forum with all its warm , friendly, caring members. Please let us know how everything turns out.
I love my new nickname. Very fitting. Every time I hear from the doctor I get stinky news :)! I am glad I joined this forum too. I had my blood drawn Tuesday morning to check my ACTH levels (some other hormone). Depending on the levels, that will let them know if it is my pituitary gland or my adrenal glands. I took the 24 hour urine test and it was elevated but not three times the limit like they like to see but my cortisol level did not suppress when I took medicine at 11:00 one night and had my blood drawn the next morning. So that gets me a Cushings diagnosis. Just don't know if it is disease or syndrome. But my blood sugar has been excellent! Go figure!

Love you guys!

Stinky

Reactions: moon and foxl
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.