March 11th 2010:
A1C - 12.6
TSH - 38.580
MICROALBUMIN - 1754.9

May 11th 2010
A1C - 8.2
TSH - 13.08
MICROALBUMIN - 140.5

I posted the numbers that the doctor emphasised to me the most, not really sure what other numbers "we" focus on other than actual blood sugar numbers. My blood sugar has dropped incredibly as you can imagine. I am eating much better than I used too, walking regularly and taking my meds when I should.

The high microalbumin numbers prompted my doc to have a renal sonorgram preformed. All results returned just fine, so I am guessing I dodged a bullet on that one. He assures me with continued efforts we should be able to get that albumin number back into the negatives where it should be.

I have an appointment later today with an endocrinologist. They are pretty scarce around here and booking is about 4 weeks out. So I am looking forward to this appointment today to see what she has to say. My doc says she may change up my meds if she feels the need.

Also, my thyroid is incredibly out of whack. Doc says this is one reason I have such a difficult time losing even a pound. Even with walking every day and eating better I have only lost 3 pounds over the past 2 months... So anyway, that is a brief update. This forum offered me alot of comfort and knowledge a few months back, I refer to it often and will continue to do so. :)

and while I realize these numbers are still bad, in contrast I am still celebrating them!!!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Scrimbles!!! What incredible improvement in only two months! Way to go!!! Be sure to come back after your appointment to tell us how it went.

(are you eating lots of our cheese crisps?! :D :D :D)

so good to see you again! Don't be a stranger!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Shanny is right, your numbers are wonderful when compared to 60 days ago. It shows that you are working very hard for good control. It is a good that you are going to see an endocrinologist. Good luck with your months ahead and your next round of blood tests.

Richard

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scrimbles!!! What incredible improvement in only two months! Way to go!!! Be sure to come back after your appointment to tell us how it went.

(are you eating lots of our cheese crisps?! :D :D :D)

so good to see you again! Don't be a stranger!
Shanny, I love the cheese crisps! I love using spicy cheeses.
Gone are the days of M&Ms and Reeses.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow that progress looks amazing! I hope I can see improvement like that over time.
I'm sure with a bit of work, things will go this way for you as well.

Shanny is right, your numbers are wonderful when compared to 60 days ago. It shows that you are working very hard for good control. It is a good that you are going to see an endocrinologist. Good luck with your months ahead and your next round of blood tests.

Richard
Thank you sir! :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Way to go Scrimbles! You have been busy :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts