The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I had two breakfast sausage patties and lots of coffee. I bought the sausage frozen at Kroger (their brand) and it has less than a gram of carbs in each patty.
I pretty much have to make myself eat breakfast, so it has to be quick and easy.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just invested a few bucks on a "Vitamix." I'm trying green drinks. This morning, I dropped in half a cup of water, a carrot, a handful of parsley, half an apple, squeezed some lemon juice in & a few ice cubes. Only about 20 carbs. It was pretty good - tasted like an exotic drink from an island in Hawaii, teehee.

Interesting - after drinking a cup of it, I felt stuffed, as if I ate a huge meal.
It makes great hummus & peanut butter, too.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Rotating between day and night shifts, my breakfast meals do often vary from what is considered normal. I'm working nights right now. Today my break fast is 2 soft tacos in low carb wraps and a bowl of cauli mashed potatoes. Yesterday was a meatloaf stuffed baked bell peppers using riced cauliflower.

Reactions: TooSweetForMe

·
Registered
T2
1,201 Posts
Lately, I've been eating Jimmy Dean's turkey sausage patties (2) and an avocado. Sometimes, I'll eat hard boiled eggs with avocado. Lately, my nose has really been sensitive to the smell of scrambled eggs. I don't know why!

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
I had leftovers from yesterday, a little more than a half of a soft taco, a couple of heaping tablespoons of cauli mashed potatoes, and the salad I didn't have room for yesterday. Doesn't sound like much, but when you factor in the 500-600 calories from the cup of coffee,it does make you feel full. And I haven't even started on the salad yet.

Reactions: etherea

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Reactions: TooSweetForMe

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
We used the last of bacon and eggs the other day so just had couple of mini Kind Bars fro breakfast. Stopped at the grocery store and got some along with some other things while in town for a doctor's appointment. Next morning, had just bacon for breakfast, seems I left the eggs in the back of the car. Another trip to the grocery and this time eggs were the first thing brought in.

This morning back to the normal bacon AND eggs.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Just a cup of high octane coffee.

61 - 80 of 121 Posts