1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
Type 2
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wendy's Baconator (No Bun)

Okay, I was the ultimate in lazy tonight.

I didn't want to cook and I wasn't in the mood for throwing a frozen meal in the Microwave, so I planned my walk in the direction of the local Wendy's!

fastfood.jpg

Although their Baconator is more calories than I like to have in a single meal, it is soooooo yummy.

I order it with no bun or ketchup. They wrap it in lettuce, but I usually eat it with a fork.

baconator.png

·
Administrator
Type 2
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grilled Chicken

The ultimate solution (for me) when I don't wanna cook and I don't wanna go out to eat...

In the middle of my walk tonight, I realized I was absolutely STARVING and I wanted something RIGHT NOW. I changed my walk up for a quick stop at my local grocery store and pointed at the chicken (on the grill) that I wanted. I carried it with me for the rest of my walk (LOL) and when I got home I stuffed my face. :biggrin:

chicken.jpg

The reason this story is important to me is because my mind is finally finding quick solutions that don't involve me binging on carbs.

In the past, I may have not made that same decision. :vs_blush:

·
Administrator
Type 2
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really need to start thinking about cooking again! LOL

Tonight, in the middle of my walk I decided I wanted to go to Chick-fil-A.

I ordered a side salad with full fat ranch dressing and the Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich, with no bun, which I cut up on top of the salad. It was AMAZING!

I scarfed it down so fast that I completely forgot to take a picture. :vs_blush:

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
One square of 86% chocolate, 2 pieces of string cheese, 2 cups of bullet proof coffee. Had more stuff but no time to eat it, busy night at work.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm making ham and cabbage soup today. Yesterday was steak with a mushroom pan sauce, came out really good.

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Fried bacon slices. Cauliflower "potato" salad (using cooked cauliflower instead of potato - all the regular ingredients). A couple LC, almond meal cookies.

@Annageckos Your cabbage ham soup sounds good. I love both ingredients, and soups. What do you season it with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been following the Medifast meal plan since 1/2/17 which is a low carb, low calorie diet. Since starting on an insulin pump, 3/1/17, I have found that keeping the carbs down is very important. My dinner, which I supply as a “Lean and Green” per the plan, usually is 6 oz. of either broiled fish, 6 oz. of 93% ground beef or ground turkey, 6 oz. of chicken breast with a vegetable. Sometimes I make a tossed salad including shrimp or scallops or chicken. I have found that the Lean Cuisine meals, the lower carbs meals between 12 – 25 carbs, are simple and satisfying. Now that it’s getting warm again, I will start to grill. The Wife likes to cook, but is not into this Low Carb type of eating yet. We like to go out to dinner and I will look at the menus on line and pre-choose the lowest carb meal that they offer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fried bacon slices. Cauliflower "potato" salad (using cooked cauliflower instead of potato - all the regular ingredients). A couple LC, almond meal cookies.

@Annageckos Your cabbage ham soup sounds good. I love both ingredients, and soups. What do you season it with.
It's super simple, just ham, cabbage, salt and a couple garlic cloves smashed and thrown in. Make sure to use some sort of ham bone. A left over bone from holiday meals are great or smoked hocks. I tried making it more 'fancy' with herbs and seasonings and it was good. But for this simple is so much better.

Reactions: Cricket and VeeJay

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm totally new to this, I was diagnosed with Type 2 last year. Am I ok to have two boiled eggs and two slices of whole wheat toast for breakfast, with a cup of hot tea? (I'm originally from the UK)

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
Depends on what your meter tells you Mike. Mine would say the toast would have to go. My goal is to never eat anything that will make my BG go above 140 mg/dL (7.8 mmol/L) , EVER. That would be even at 1 hour after eating even if the test at 2 hours after eating was below 140. The two pieces of toast would also have me at my daily carb limit of 30 grams.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Depends on what your meter tells you Mike. Mine would say the toast would have to go. My goal is to never eat anything that will make my BG go above 140 mg/dL (7.8 mmol/L) , EVER. That would be even at 1 hour after eating even if the test at 2 hours after eating was below 140. The two pieces of toast would also have me at my daily carb limit of 30 grams.
Surely, if you're not letting your BG go above 140 EVER, you must be getting pretty close to going Hypo? My BG hovers around the 120-150 range and spikes up to around 240 and comes back down fairly quickly.

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
Surely, if you're not letting your BG go above 140 EVER, you must be getting pretty close to going Hypo? My BG hovers around the 120-150 range and spikes up to around 240 and comes back down fairly quickly.
Mike, I stay below 140 because of its damaging effects. Please read this and other articles in bloodsugar101. It may explain why so many diabetics following recommended guidelines come down with the "Inevitable" complications of diabetes. No, I do not have true lows or even come close. For further discussion about foods and effects on BG, I've started a new thread.

To get back on track, dinner last night was left over crock pot pork tenderloin, asparagus, salad with home-brewed oils and vinegar dressing, hibiscus tea.

Reactions: gamtn06

·
Registered
20 Posts
I plan to make chicken pasta mixed with alfredo sauce and zucchini on the side.

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Chicken breasts cut up and fried in beef tallow, sprinkled with Northwoods seasoning from Penzey's. Cooked vegetables in chicken broth (a mix of kale, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cabbage.) And a slice of LC flat-bread made from almond and flax flours and egg. Sugar-free Jello for dessert.

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
I made a batch of chili again today. Had a bowl of it over faux cornbread, topped with grated cheese and sour cream.

·
Registered
799 Posts
On for dinner tonight is roasted chicken, roasted brussel sprouts with garlic and olive oil and a small salad with green pepper, radishes, mushrooms and 2 cheeses.

I'm finding serving in a bowl to be better than a plate. Then I don't expect a 'starch' item.

mbuster - chili with beans sounds wonderful! Maybe I'll make that for garage sale days so we have easy peasy food while selling off stuff.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts