The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

61 - 80 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Finished of the last of the zucchini lasagna and a salad.

Squawkx, you might check out the thread about retrograding the starch in your beans. It starts out talking about potatoes but does get into beans I have had success with both, more so with potatoes. I've even had some luck with rice. There are a few other threads about it here on the forum and a lot on the www.
By retrograde, are you saying let the beans sit in the fridge, and allow a breakdown of starches? And, on the other thread, they talked about potatoes, and retrogressing.

Does that break down starches and sugars, in them? This is the first that I have heard of the technique. I use white potatoes, and if I fry them; should I put them in the fridge, to allow a breakdown of starches?

PS: fried potatoes a favorite of mine, as are pintos. I was raised on them. Thanks.

Reactions: rsfletcher

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
Cook and then cool to ambient temperature then put in the fridge or freezer. The cooling converts the the resistant starch into a more resistant starch. Take care with heating, it could revert the starch to less resistant. I have read a little about if the starch converts to a version called rs3 then reheating will not turn it back. I haven't gone back to study on that. I have had better luck with just taking the chill off of beans.

You may want to check the Potato Hack Chronicle. This is the page I got when I searched the site for fried potatoes.

Reactions: Squawkx and CMartin

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
Had salmon baked in butter and seasonings, broccoli in butter, a salad, and hibiscus tea.

Reactions: etherea

·
Registered
619 Posts
We are having a shrimp stirfry with frozen japanese vegetable from walmart. we don't use store bought marinades, ussually just raid the spice cabinette.

it is probably not going to be enough protien to meet my macro so i'll have something meaty later on

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
Chicken winglets, broccoli, and a salad. Just a guess right now on the middle item, if not broccoli, something else green.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Decided to break out some pork chops and put them in Italian dressing overnight last night. Will put them on the grill in a bit with some grilled veggies to go with the salad that was left over from yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
1,747 Posts
Dinner at a friend's house last night. Grilled chicken breast, spare ribs (mine were "dry"; i.e. no barbecue sauce), grilled zucchini and asparagus, and a kale/carrot/cabbage salad with a vinaigrette. Way too much protein but it tasted mighty fine and I tested "normal" both last night and this morning.

Got to break out our own grill more often... Not sure what dinner will be tonight; maybe pork chops, maybe a steak. If it quits raining I'll prep the grill.

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
As soon as I get through with my BP coffee, I'll be having my afternoon break fast, er uh, dinner. The remaining chicken winglets. Pretty dang good last night, baked with a sprinkling of a combination of a roasted garlic sea salt and a ghost pepper sea salt with a drizzle of Franks Red Hot Wings Buffalo sauce. Having green beans, a salad and a hibiscus tea with it.

Don't forget my finger wiping towel BH.

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
Yesterday I had a fried angus beef patty, topped with bacon and cheese, broccoli soaking in butter, a salad, and hibiscus tea.

Reactions: fjk2013

·
Registered
632 Posts
I had a serving a curry chicken last night - home cooked of course as we prepare all of our meals - although both my spouse and I are in IT back in our school days we worked as cooks - that's really come in handy!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mesquite grilled rack of lamb w/ salad, then watermelon. Also deviled eggs w/ curry. (Thanks rsfletcher)

Reactions: fjk2013 and etherea

·
Registered
632 Posts
Last night I had lower carb raw veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper with a little bit of hummus. Come to think of it I had a spinach salad for lunch yesterday so Tuesday was a vegetarian day which is rare for me as I usually eat a lot of meat.

61 - 80 of 162 Posts