The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
That looks pretty good! Menus is set for this week but this might be a good one for next week...

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
:nod: (for some reason, something's changed and clicking the Like button gives me a "An error occurred" error message). Need to figure that out...

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Last night I had three fried eggs, 2 slices of bacon, and two leftover pieces of fried catfish.

Our menu planning is "Hey, what do you want for supper?"

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Baked Lemon Butter Tilapia
recipe from here:
https://damndelicious.net/2016/04/30/baked-lemon-butter-tilapia/

tilapia fillets baked with melted butter, garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest. Takes only a few minutes to prepare and bake. I used defrosted frozen fish.

Delicious, but you need to really like lemon and garlic (no problem for me!)

·
Registered
3,456 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
nothing. I am doing OMAD and that was at lunchtime. I cannot believe how difficult it is for me to lose weight. Might try fasting a few days since I obviously am already eating too often, and I did an almost 4 day fast in, I think june, and it did give a small sustained loss. I don't need to worry about my numbers going too low. My numbers NEVER go low!

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Good luck with the OMAD and IF. I need to get strict on mine. I did eat just meal today, no snacks. Supper was thawed out shrimp dipped in garlic butter, broccoli with butter, a small spicy Wholly Guacamole, a mixed slaw salad with onion, walnuts, tomatoes, green olives, and oil and vinegar dressing. A glass of hibiscus tea.

Reactions: soapluvr

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Baked salmon filet, green beans with butter, and a salad. Hibiscus tea.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I do OMAD. today I had grilled salmon, half a pound of green beans smothered in tons of salsa, one half of an apple peel[not the rest of the apple. I cut the actual apple into slices, dipped them in peanut butter and fed them to my dogs] various colors of bell pepper strips with blue cheese dressing, 6 walnut halves, and a cup of green tea with ginger, cinnamon and turmeric in it. that spice combination sounds terrible, but I wanted to make sure I got some of my spices in.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
A piece of ham steak, a small bowl of anasazi beans (retrograded - cooked, cooled to ambient, then frozen, thawed and warmed in the microwave to just take the chill off), some tostones, fried green plantains, and hibiscus tea.

I found that the Mexican grocery store where I get my hibiscus, has greener plantains than the Walmart grocery stores around me. I've been lucky to find green plantains at the Walmart stores around me, but usually yellow or black most of the time. Maybe I was just lucky yesterday too, but will look at the smaller market next time I get the yearning.

·
Registered
632 Posts
One pork chop and that was it. At one time dinner used to be my largest meal but I changed a few years ago with good results. I also find I sleep a lot better when I have small dinners near the end of the day instead of the standard.

·
Registered
35 Posts
4 scrambled eggs from my beautiful backyard chickens. I mixed in mushrooms, onions and cheese. the skin from 2 tiny apricots from our tree, simple romaine salad with romaine, tomato, and blue cheese, a handful of walnuts, coffee with heavy cream.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Keto cheese crust pizza, a salad, and hibiscus tea.

121 - 140 of 171 Posts