The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
for lunch I had left over chili I made the other day and threw in a big dollop of ricotta cheese so I would not get hungry. For dinner I had a whole bunch of kale fried in Kerrygold butter and EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) the kale greens really wilted down alot compare to what I started out with. So I added some Pecorino Romano cheese. It was yum is all that I can say. Now I am washing it down with some Tito's vodka. We'll see what my numbers are tomorrow morning. Stay tuned.

Best,
fjk2013

·
Registered
632 Posts
I had two pieces of back bacon - they were good. I could have had a third but had to share ... Also had a coffee with that with a little bit of milk.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Gonna be slices of summer sausage, a couple of cheese sticks, pork rinds, and some Habanero spiced almonds. It will be a first for these nuts, I bet I don't eat the whole can at one sitting.

Reactions: etherea

·
Registered
283 Posts
I made some deviled eggs.

Also going to have some tuna salad and cottage cheese with crackers (made from almond flour ).

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'll probably go for a Spinach salad today - I'll eat it down at the waterfront - it's shaping up to be a very nice day out there!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Think I better go with a salad for lunch. Twice this week I had fries with gravy for part of my lunch time meal - I ended up giving myself a greater amount of insulin to deal with it and my BGs still peaked to the 375 - 400 range. Not for long as I gave myself extra shots to get it to a more manageable level but I'm starting to fall back in to my old traps where I used to run between 375 - 400 daily for years because of my carb consumption.
It's terrible - as the temperatures are cooling down I just seem to be craving carbs ...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lunch is my most difficult meal. But today’s plate includes five favorites for sure. The cherry jello is sugar free of course. Total carbs is 18 not much fat tho’ although I topped off the jello a couple times :wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
Lunch is in 45 minutes - think I'll go with a ham and cheese salad at one of my favorite restaurants if I can get a table. It's a salad that actually makes you feel full with NO carb fatigue in the afternoon,

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
BH make me a salad with lettuce and a slaw mix for a base, chopped onions, sliced cherry tomatoes, bacon, 2 sliced hard boiled eggs, a few craisens, green olives, sliced grilled chicken breast, all covered with ranch dressing. It was a plate full.

Reactions: Ripplingh2o

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
Rippling, are you counting net carbs (the number of grams of carbs on the label minus the number of grams of fiber)? That might put more on your plate.

Also, what are the foods at the 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock positions on the plate? Biscuit/cracker and ...?? I'm curious.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rippling, are you counting net carbs (the number of grams of carbs on the label minus the number of grams of fiber)? That might put more on your plate.

Also, what are the foods at the 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock positions on the plate? Biscuit/cracker and ...?? I'm curious.
Yes, counting net carbs. 10 o’clock is 1 BelVita blueberry breakfast cookie (7 net carbs), 2 o’clock is a squirt of Hellman ‘s mayo (0 carbs).

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
Thanks! The BelVita looked kinda familiar (DW loves 'em).

21 - 40 of 68 Posts