The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Chicken and "rice" casserole

Cubed leftover chicken dark meat, cauliflower "rice", chopped spinach all mixed together with chicken fat and broth, seasoned with my favorite herb mix from Penzey's: Northwoods. Topped with shredded provolone. It was yummy.

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
Penzey’s Northwoods is good stuff! Have you tried the Northwoods Hot?

Ob. Food: brunch — some eggs (scrambled mixture, I’m guessing), some sausage and bacon, and some over cooked but tasty roasted broccoli. And one bite of mac ‘n’ cheese that wasn’t worth the carbs of a second bite. The company was good...

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
Well, the “Hot” version is more of a kick than a body check (North woods reference there lol) but, yeah, it’s not for everyone.

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
I stand corrected— for anyone interested it’s Penzey’s “Northwoods Fire”, which I guess means it packs more than a little kick. Can’t prove that by me. But fair warning to anyone still considering it. 🙂

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
A can of sardines, 2 wholly molly chunky, spicy guacamole mini's, and a rare A&W diet root beer.

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
Chilly rainy day here.

Asian-inspired chicken soup: 100g of chicken in a broth with some mixed greens, radish, a bit of jalapeño pepper and fresh onion, a mushroom, some kelp noodles and cilantro, and seasonings. 30g of protein and 5.5 net grams of carbs. Warm and filling.

First time I've ever used kelp noodles. I'll stick with Miracle Noodles next time -- these are pretty carby for not being much different from Miracle Noodles.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Was hungry when I came in from my bike ride today.

Lunch.jpg

Out of the picture is a pickle slice, a bowl of pork rinds, and a Diet A&W root beer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
09/02

My OMAD was Taco salad without the taco, but lots of beef, greens, cheese, hot sauce and sourcream. Half a pound of steamed asparagus, 4 walnut halves, and half a cup of ripe blueberries with heavy cream. life is good!

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Had lunch at a Mexican restaurant today. Fried avocado slices appetizer and a few chips and salsa, unsweet tea with lemon.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Had deli sliced roast beef in a low carb spinach and herb tortilla and a diet A&W. Usually also have pork rinds and seasoned creamed cheese dip and a pickle, but opted out on those today.

Reactions: etherea

·
Registered
26 Posts
A throw together meatball soup.

4 cups water.
3 chicken bullion cubes.
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with chilies.
1 can regular diced tomatoes.
1 small bag frozen meatballs. These are small but will swell up as the soup cooks. I get the Kroger Homestyle or Italian meatballs
2 green onions chopped.

Simmer for 1 hour. I have also added zucchini spirals to mimic noodles. Most any vegetable could be added.

I get a few meals from this.

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
That sounds good, JagTac! I'll have to try that.

I usually throw together an Asian-inspired chicken soup with bullion cubes, canned chicken (unless we have the real thing as leftovers), and whatever vegetables we have in the fridge to use up (celery, onion, cilantro, string beans). I always add jalapeńo pepper and cilantro (they're always in the house) and some sauce or another.

This would be a nice break from that, though. And I always like a recipe I can reheat for another meal later!

Ob lunch: salad, as usual. Not sure of the protein on it yet, though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That sounds good, JagTac! I'll have to try that.

I usually throw together an Asian-inspired chicken soup with bullion cubes, canned chicken (unless we have the real thing as leftovers), and whatever vegetables we have in the fridge to use up (celery, onion, cilantro, string beans). I always add jalapeńo pepper and cilantro (they're always in the house) and some sauce or another.

This would be a nice break from that, though. And I always like a recipe I can reheat for another meal later!

Ob lunch: salad, as usual. Not sure of the protein on it yet, though.
I am a huge ramen fan but those days are over. The canned chicken is a good idea.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts