The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Central Ohio we are paying $3.45 for a gallon of gas. This is total insanity!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Regular varies from 3.51-3.71...unfortunately my car has to have premium which varies from 3.71-3.99...

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Try Canada, lol... in my city we're currently paying 113.9 per liter, which works out to $4.31 per US gallon. Our dollar is currently higher than yours, so it actually equates to (at today's exchange rate) $4.45 US per US gallon here.

There's talk of it going another 20% higher come the summer ...That's really nuts when you realize Canada has no dependence on foreign oil, and do all our refining here. Yet we still pay 'OPEC' oil prices which makes our big oil companies more and more filthy rich all the time... :mad:

G

·
today we're paying $1.48 per litre (so that's approx $5.90 per US gallon I think).
Our prices vary everyday... we have a cheap day on Tuesdays here... but that was $1.34 per litre this week.
We've had much higher prices than this before though.
Our cost of living here is quite expensive. From memory food in US is way cheaper than here, same with clothes, and most other things.
Today our Aussie dollar is currently worth slightly more than US dollar too.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
We are paying between $3.50 and $3.80 depending on the day. Our gas prices around here tend to jump when one of the major area employers has a pay day. Hmmmmmmm....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
In Connecticut it is $3.68. Tomorrow that will be up another .20 cents, then down .10 cents.

If I drive 20 minutes up to Massachusetts is $3.28.

I was in White Plains NY earlier in the week, it was $3.94.

I'm hearing over $4.00 by June in CT.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
And just when I sent that message I saw gas for $3.35 on my way to school.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Last time I bought gas was 3.45...I am scared to look now :(

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Just came back from grocery shopping at Trader Joes. Passed BP and it was
$3.59 today. I try to get it at Costco but it was $3.39 last weekend, I'm afraid to look now. I try not to drive too much. That being said I have to drive to Columbus, tormorrow to pick my daughter up from college. Of course we are supposed to get a big snow storm tonight. So much fun.

G

·
hmmmm... we're paying a lot more for our petrol here by the looks of it. :( People here have been complaining for years now about the prices... but oil companies set the prices to whatever they want... it's obvious they're only thinking of their profit margins.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I personally have not bought any in a couple of years and don't ever intend to again.

·
Registered
165 Posts
hmmmm... we're paying a lot more for our petrol here by the looks of it. :( People here have been complaining for years now about the prices... but oil companies set the prices to whatever they want... it's obvious they're only thinking of their profit margins.
it's what the market will bear and of course they are for profit companies of course they care about their bottom line

G

·
it's what the market will bear and of course they are for profit companies of course they care about their bottom line
ah yeah don't we all know it. lol
here we have companies (which I'm sure some operate there) that are bold enough to set their per litre costing an extra $0.10 above their competitors. People here boycott them on the day when they do that. Most stations here set their pricing the same for the day to try and get business... some are still setting higher prices but they usually get less business. People these days are shopping for cheaper fuel. Although I'm surprised that we're paying an extra $2 per gallon than USA (that's what it works out to be). Our fuel has often been the most expensive in our country. It's even worse in our regional areas. When I travel there anywhere outside the city I'm paying more for fuel and everything else for that matter.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I keep using stores that offer cash off per gallon and tonight I got gasoline at Giant Eagle for $3.19 It seemed like a good deal since regular unleaded was $3.59.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I personally have not bought any in a couple of years and don't ever intend to again.
Do you have people that get your groceries for you? I will not pay these gas prices. I will go out only when necessary and all my errands will be made in one trip.

·
Registered
32 Posts
3.39 is the cheapest and getting harder to find now. 3.47 at most places. In agreement with you that it's total insanity. My husband bought a motorcycle a year and a half ago when prices kept rising. Now it's almost paid off. He can use it to get to work and back and costs less than $2.00 a day vs $7.00 or more with his car. I griped when he wanted to buy it ( good used one - not new) and now am glad he did. I don't know how people are holding up under this strain...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Unfortunately even if you don't drive the price of gasoline will affect us all. The cost of goods and services goes up. The cost of production and delivery gets passed on to us the consumer. As far as I concerned it is greed that fueling (no pun intended) the price increase. It's hard to not to feel that way when the gas companies are listing record profits while our ability to purchase products decreases.

Sent from my iPad using Diabetes Forum app

1 - 20 of 41 Posts