The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah, I bought some. Do you know how to mix it?
Roxanne, on the Amazon website, a reviewer says they mix 15 g of the sucralose powder with 240 g of lukewarm water and stirs until it's dissolved. They then put it in a dropper-style bottle to use. They state it's a 16:1 ratio, so it's still super sweet.

I have been buying Sweetzfree but it's really expensive (even though it lasts a lonnng time) and I'm interested to see if the powder made into a liquid will suffice for me.

I find that I have to have a lot of different sugar subs for different applications. I use Erythritol, Splenda granular, sucralose liquid, Kal stevia powder and stevia glycerite. It really just depends on what it is I need sweetened a little bit.

I wish I could say I got rid of my sweet tooth, but the best I can do is calm it down. :)

Reactions: walkerwally1

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Roxanne, on the Amazon website, a reviewer says they mix 15 g of the sucralose powder with 240 g of lukewarm water and stirs until it's dissolved. They then put it in a dropper-style bottle to use. They state it's a 16:1 ratio, so it's still super sweet.

I have been buying Sweetzfree but it's really expensive (even though it lasts a lonnng time) and I'm interested to see if the powder made into a liquid will suffice for me.

I find that I have to have a lot of different sugar subs for different applications. I use Erythritol, Splenda granular, sucralose liquid, Kal stevia powder and stevia glycerite. It really just depends on what it is I need sweetened a little bit.

I wish I could say I got rid of my sweet tooth, but the best I can do is calm it down. :)
I bought the lifetime supply of power for 24.95, and paid 18.00 for liquid splenda, so i figure they are mixing it too. I don't use sugar alchohols. Got off of them when i was on metformin, and didn't go back when I stopped taking metformin.

·
Registered
22 Posts
in Bangkok I use a sweetener called D-et its ingredient are ERYTHRITOL 98.6% SUCRALOSE 1.4% made in Bangkok I find it ok although it only comes in sachets so when I go out I take Equals tabs with me.

most of what you mention is not available here can buy on the internet but cost of postage is prohibitive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have started using Stevia, it is mixed with erythritol, I think. I was using Splenda for many years, since being dx with diabetes. But the recent studies coming out about splenda were not good. Apparently, using it does not let you lose weight or in fact, gain weight! This is a no-no for me, I'm overweight as it is and can't afford to gain anymore! That's why I switched to Stevia products. It's expensive but worth the few extra dollars, I think.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That after taste with stevia goes away with use. I've started using stevia and didn't like that after taste at first, but now I don't notice it anymore.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts