The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have run across a couple of recipes where they used black soy beans and I was curious what in the universe those beans might taste like. Has anyone tried them and is there any other bean with a similar flavor?

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Just posted a recipe for Chuck Roast Chilli and Black Soy Beans. I recently discovered them for myself, and purchased thru Netrition. If you ever had boiled peanuts, they are close match to them. Both my wife and I like them a lot.

Have run across a couple of recipes where they used black soy beans and I was curious what in the universe those beans might taste like. Has anyone tried them and is there any other bean with a similar flavor?

Reactions: annsrum

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you order them from netrition or other website or have you found them in health food stores locally?

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
I ordered mine from Netrition, but Eden Organic will sell them directly for $1.94 a can, which isn't to bad a price for what your getting.

Reactions: annsrum

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
They are mild, taste like soybeans. I bought them off Amazon and with Prime I get free shipping so they were pretty inexpensive.

Do not overcook them if you tend to digest fiber like I do ... I add them at the very end of recipes!

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
I bought them off Amazon and with Prime I get free shipping so they were pretty inexpensive.
I recently signed up for this - what a delicious extravagance vs waiting until I've bought 25 - and stuff does arrive fast! Those beans are also available on subscribe/save, which then people can get free shipping even w/out prime. $17.95 for 12 cans.

They say w/ subscribe/save one doesn't get prime shipping time frame, but so far I have.

Reactions: foxl and annsrum

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just figured out that the Whole Foods store carries them. I bought a can at lunchtime and am going to test them out this weekend to see if I like them. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts