The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

I need to get new breakfast ideas. I'm used to beans and falafel for breakfast (140 carbs), but today, my 2h pp was 200, so I should waive those beans and falafel goodbye. So what do you all eat for breakfast? I hope to limit my carb intake to 20 a day.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
140 carbs in a meal? Oh my potato! To give you a quick idea, I eat bacon, eggs, sausages, leftovers from dinner last night, cheeseburgers (no bun), grilled chicken, or even steak with eggs. Anything low carb, whether it's traditional breakfast food or not. :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
I keep it simple mostly because I've never been a 'breakfast' person anyway.

Bacon and eggs

or

Lowest carb Greek Yogurt I can find mixed with 51% fat pure cream and some pecans.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So basically, its all about meats, egg and cheese, right?
But I eat meat for dinner. Wouldn't it be boring to eat meat all day?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I eat cheese sticks, pecans, celery with PB(ymmv on PB), left overs from last night, eggs in various forms, any meats and veggies, salads etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Diabetes

·
Inactive Member
5,318 Posts
Not much of a breakfast eater. So I just have bulletproof coffee. Ends up being about 108g of fat and max of 4g carbs. I sip it all morning and keeps me going til lunch.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
So basically, its all about meats, egg and cheese, right?
But I eat meat for dinner. Wouldn't it be boring to eat meat all day?
Basically it's all about not eating carbs, regardless which meal. There is nothing boring about eating LCHF, but you do have to start thinking outside the box and resist the traditional practices. If you don't want meat for breakfast, then eat something else, just don't let that 'something else' be carbs.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I am a breakfast person but I eat exactly the same thing every day:

Strong double espresso with 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil, 1 pat of butter, 1 or 2 ounces of heavy whipping cream and stevia. Mixed thoroughly with steam wand.

Three eggs fried in coconut oil and butter with hot sauce.

One small cucumber peeled and quartered with lots of Himalayan Red salt.

Kalamata olives (6 - 10)

Mix of Labnah (like Karoun brand in USA, almost no carbs and very high fat - MUCH better than any brand of "Greek Yogurt" I've ever seen, this is what Greek Yogurt is supposed to be, methinks) and heavy table cream 50/50 mixed thoroughly and sprinkled with pomegranate seeds.

Sometimes I add one whole Haas avocado with lime juice and salt.

Every single day. Starts the day off right. No way I can eat anything for at least 6 hours and no actual meal for 10, 12 or more.

Reactions: Mary and Shanny

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I like to throw together a cheese omelet, sometimes with some fresh mushroom slices.
Yeah, I sometimes do that on weekends instead of just plain fried eggs.

Reactions: ICDogg

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Omelet with diced asparagus & fresh mushrooms - mebbe cheese - mebbe not . . . There's nothing faster than an omelet - crack eggs, stir around, dump in skillet. Fold & plate. Three minutes tops!

·
Registered
13 Posts
my favorite 1 egg, 2 pieces of sausage, 1 pancake made with Almond meal flour which consist of 1/4 cup almond meal flour, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of truvia, 1 table spoon of water, top with butter, and walden's farm no Carb pancake Syrup.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts