The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had D for 4 years and it is only in the last 6 months or so that I am seeing consistently lower bgs. One of the things I have done differently is adding Coconut Oil to my diet. Yesterday I made some Coconut Oil Almond Cookies (MCS's recipe). I had beef stew with potatoes and spinach and several of these cookies for dinner. Before bed I was 75. I have never been that low before bed. Usually I am around 95-115. It scared me a little so I grabbed half of an EXTEND bar and had it. I was 86 this morning. Normally I don't eat a snack before bed because we tend to eat late. What should my bgs be before bed? By the way I don't normally get lows. I am only on metformin.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i prefer it above 80 and below 140. but i usually try to eat a snack away to rpevent dawn phenom.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I like to be above 120 when I go to bed. much lower than that could mean trouble for me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I get slightly paranoid at bed time. If I'm 90 or less, I'll munch something before bed to make sure my Lantis doesn't drop me too low while I'm asleep.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I like to be at 80 before bed, I don't usually fall low at night. As a matter of fact, I have the DP often.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I get slightly paranoid at bed time. If I'm 90 or less, I'll munch something before bed to make sure my Lantis doesn't drop me too low while I'm asleep.
Lantis should not drop your glucose levels but rather maitain them at a constant level. If it is dropping your levels you are probably taking to much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts