The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
Type 2
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
challenges.jpg

What have been your biggest challenges this week?

What are you doing to overcome them?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Mental Health this week - and not mine - my wife witnessed a suicide last week from her office window - somebody hung themselves at the top of a 4 story parking lot across the street from her office. She saw the person setting up a rope from the top railing and called 911. The emergency responders couldn't get there in time. Just terrible - I'm trying to give her as much support as I can She took this week off - hopefully things will eventually get back to normal.

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
A lot of illness going around, BH had a cold, workmates with the flu, grandkids with a stomach bug, so I'm trying to avoid getting sick. Thought I was about to come down with BH's cold she had, got achy feeling, my belly felt funny, and I felt pretty weak. Took some extra vitamin C the first day, and have been taking elderberry gummies and tablets that dissolve under your tongue the past couple of days. So far, I'm winning.

I can think of nothing more stressful mentally than the loss of a loved one, but witnessing the death of anyone by any means, would be a very close second. Prayers for your wife @rsfletcher.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve had company and all kinds of extra cake and cookies in the house. Trying to resist has been a battle all week
Today I cleaned house and put all the junk in the garbage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts