The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
yeah it is kinda maddening tryign to figureo ut what's going on and testing, my finger looks like aq pin cushion- gonna have to give it a few weeks off to heal- I'll use up the Genultimate, maybe buy one more of 25 next time- will be cheap enough- just to test alongside the one touch again- but i wont rely on them for readings-

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
I use the sides of all my fingers (well, not the thumbs). If it keeps you testing, switching fingers is worth the minor amount of variability it introduces to your protocol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
i was using several fingers, but they got sore so i stuck to the middle one for the remainder- i have peripheral neuropathy which chemo made worse- had in in my hands, but they recovered mostly- (My feet did not- they are almost entirely numb)- the middle finger still has a little numbness- so that one doesn't hurt as much- but I've stuck it so much it's liek a pin cushion now- gotta give it a reak-

I went a week testing now- Sat to Sat- I'll get the chart together for the doc- see what she thinks- all my morning readings have been above 100- between 100-130- my daytime is mostly where it should be except for certain times- something def is going on with the 'spells' (Weakness, shaky, sweaty, feel like blacking out etc) i go through- I don't think it's hypo- i haven't had a low reading yet- coudl be false hypo- or coudl be pre i suppose- Need to get the A1C I think to see more fully-

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
The A1c could tell you a lot, yes. But at least you've got a better handle on causes and effects, which will help diagnose whatever is going on.

One thing you might want to consider is "alternate-site testing" -- testing on your palm or forearm or upper thigh.Your OneTouch meter can do this, though apparently it requires a different cap to the lancing device (if you're using the one that came with the meter).

You might need to contact LifeScan (manufacturer) to get that -- or maybe wherever you get your strips. The user guide I saw for the Ultra 2 was somewhat inspecific about how to get it; the FAQ on the LifeScan site doesn't go into much detail, either.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
thanks Steve- I've learnedm ore in this site than all the research I've done- you've helped me a lot- the research i did didn't get into the nitty gritty ike you have- they just give the basics- I'll look into the alternative site testing-

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
Glad to hearsee that, Nazareth! That level of been-there information is what drew me to this site to start with. There's a lot of experience around here to tap. It's good to be able to help someone else with it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nazareth, thank you for your questions and comments. It helps me also because mine jumps around a lot and I just wonder what's normal and what's not. And I'm kind of finding out that there's nothing normal about type 2 diabetes. 😅

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
you're welcome- yep- it's not easy figuring out what's going on- so many things can affect blood sugar too- not just eatign bad, but exercise, other health conditions, etc-

41 - 48 of 48 Posts