The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of lancets does everyone use? I have used several and have not found the right type. I have tried a lancet that was 36 gauge and very short. I am unable to get enough blood flow from it. It is called Tiniboy. It was invented for a young child in mind but I thought I would try them. I have hard skin on my fingertips from testing so much. It is a little strange that even with hard skin on my fingertips I have some thin places that draw blood really quick. Sometimes I have to adjust my lancing device to a lower number. Maybe I need a different lancing device?

Reactions: skypeace
B

·
0 Posts
New Lance User..

Just started a few days ago with this diabetes thing.. so I'm completely new to the situation. Doctor has me using a "Breeze 2" meter which came with a automatic lancing device that uses Microlet 25 gauge silicone coated lancets.

My Dr. said to use the side of my fingers at the tip, just below and to either side of the nail for the blood taking.. and not the pads/tips because of the nerve endings there. So far it's worked out ok for me.

There's also a secondary area that can be used too. It's the fleshy area of the palm just below the thumb joint closest to the palm.. and the area between the wrist and small finger.

Well.. that's it from this side of the computer.

Breeze 2 User

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Guess I may as well 'fess up . . . I'm still using the lancets that came with my meter - ReliOn brand - and in all these months I've never even used up the first ten lancets. I've changed it a few times because I tested someone else on my meter, but when I'm the only one using it day in & day out, I just don't change it. I wipe it once in awhile with an alcohol swab. :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts