The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'd say you have to test it and see...my neighbour across the road who is diabetic swears by her dry white wine...never spikes her...I had a glass of the same wine and I didnt spike either...but I'd say it depends on the person...and um how much you drink

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Many red wines are only between 1 and 3 carbs for each liter wine.
A dry white wine is also guite ok for me, but Riesling is usually too much carbs for me.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
where have you found the carb count? I knew that reisling I drank had to be to good to be true lol But I sure drank it down. ;)
In Norway there has to be a label with how much carbo there is in the wine, and if it is missing we ask the salesmen at Vinmonopolet, the only place we can buy wine legally.
The norwegian diabetes society sent me a list with some of the wines a while ago.
I also think if you google the brand you are interested in, you can find information about carbs.
Jacobs Creek is one of the red wines with little carbo.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I only drink the dark reds like Merlot, Cabernet or Malbec. I have never had problems with bg spiking. Usually the alcohol takes care of any spiking.

Reactions: Carolina

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
In Norway there has to be a label with how much carbo there is in the wine, and if it is missing we ask the salesmen at Vinmonopolet, the only place we can buy wine legally.
The norwegian diabetes society sent me a list with some of the wines a while ago.
I also think if you google the brand you are interested in, you can find information about carbs.
Jacobs Creek is one of the red wines with little carbo.
great to see you drinking good Australian wines :)

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
I like red wine if I mix it with some diet ginger ale, can't drink it other wise. Jim Beam Ginger ale, splash of lime juice for me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
anyone on metformin notice that when they have a cocktail or glass of wine its effects are FAR greater than when not on met? i swear i've turned into a totally cheap date ;) 1.5 glasses of wine is about all i can handle anymore

1 - 19 of 19 Posts