·
Super Moderator
9,794 Posts
A 90 just now before supper.

Reactions: etherea

·
Super Moderator
9,794 Posts
A 109 at 3 PM. Was 103 fasting this morning, had a cup of bullet proof coffee. Been bush hogging the pasture this morning and then ran weed eater for about an hour. Drinking another cup of BPC now, watching the dirt guys finishing up on the driveway and a camper pad.

·
Registered
59 Posts
127 just now
Terrible day at work! If I could afford to I would have walked out today.

We’ve all been there I’m sure. Previous job I had as a wastewater system superintendent, I eventually gave the mayor two middle fingers, told him to go do things to himself that are physically impossible, and announced to a packed town hall that I officially quit and was going fishing.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
We’ve all been there I’m sure. Previous job I had as a wastewater system superintendent, I eventually gave the mayor two middle fingers, told him to go do things to himself that are physically impossible, and announced to a packed town hall that I officially quit and was going fishing.
I love this story! You're my hero!
My husband was so worried about me after I talked to him that he came and found me at the grocery store. I need to share your story with him!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, everyone.... I'm confused. I have had type 2 for 15 years. My A1C is 5.8 to 6.2. My readings very rarely are as low as those listed in this thread. I average 140 and have been told that's ok from my doctors. I usually go as high as 180 after a meal and take a few hours to get back to 140. Am I living in an alternate universe of what my goals should be for BG control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,794 Posts
A1c is an indicator of what your BG has been 24/7 over a 2-3 month period. You A1c range you list is an average of 120-131 BG over that time period. Just to simplify lets look at that as being tested every hour and coming up with that number. Assuming you are testing 4 times a day (FBG and after every meal) that is just 4 of the 24 tests the A1c did per day for 60-90 days. You are probably looking at your highest readings of every day. But in reality your BG is constantly changing, and assuming it can change every minute, now you are looking at 4 minutes out of 1440 minutes per day, so actually a much smaller snapshot of what is really going on.

Most doctors follow ADA guidelines and recommendations and say 140-180 are OK numbers. However, there are studies that show that BG over 140 causes damage to nerves and organs. Click this link to read about the studies I am referencing. There are links to the studies on that page if you would like to see even more detail. My goal is to try to keep my BG under 120 at all times for extra cushion, I don't always do it, but it is still my goal.

·
Registered
59 Posts
77 right now. Bout to make me a chicken quesadilla. All I’ve had today was a cup of crappy gas station coffee and plenty of water. No particular reason, just wasn’t hungry. I AM NOW THOUGH!

·
Registered
59 Posts
85. I went through this even before trying to manage diabetes. As much of a foodie as I am, I sometimes go a few days at a time not eating much. Today I’ve had a pot of coffee and a piece of wheat toast with peanut butter.

I’m going to have a small after work snack. My wife and I are going grocery shopping this evening and likely out to eat.

801 - 820 of 861 Posts