The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
821 - 840 of 861 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
157 an hour and a half ago after a couple of hours of really intense yard work
Just now 134 after a little time and 2 glasses of water.
I've heard exercise can raise the numbers, but it hasn't happened to me before. But I don't usually work that hard, so?

·
Super Moderator
9,886 Posts
I've been surprised a few times after some hot bike rides. Thinking my BG should have dropped and it actually was higher. Could have been a hydration issue and/or my liver lowering its stored glycogen levels to replenish what was used by the muscles.

Reactions: etherea

·
Super Moderator
9,886 Posts
Yesterday after having a 140 FBG, I ate a dragon fruit and a kiwi about 11 am because they were both getting old and I didn't want to throw them out. I didn't test before eating them, but tested again about 2:30 pm after getting back from town to get some supplies for a project I'm working on. I was surprised at a 103. About as surprised as I was when I bought the dragon fruit and found out it was 5 bucks at the check out.

I usually eat pretty low carb most of the time and don't seem to have much of an insulin response and my BG hovers at higher numbers than I like. On occasions, I've seen my BG be lower after eating something carby, like it reached a point where my beta cells say enough is enough, time to react. I suspect that is what happened yesterday. I may risk another 5 dollars to try the dragon fruit one more time but do a better job testing before and after. I can test my BG and blood ketones, before and after, and speculate on what my insulin did by the results. Would be interesting if next mornings FBG was also lower than previous days. Wish we had a blood insulin home test kit available.

·
Super Moderator
9,886 Posts
99, then I ate a quesadilla. 4 net carbs per tortilla, some “carb counter” stuff my wife found. They just have a bit more fiber and they’re thinner.
We use Mission brand Carb Balance, smaller ones are 4 grams and the larger ones are 6 grams net carb. Now if they would only make them in Jalapeno Cheddar flavor, like their not so low carb version....

103 before supper 3 fried eggs and 3 slices of bacon and a cup of BP coffee. Ate late today, just got back from watching grandkids play in their Jr. and Sr. High Christmas Concerts. The bands haven't had a lot of practice time in preparation for it, but they sure sounded good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was at 110 two hours after dinner, and at 100 before bed time.

I don’t even check as often anymore unless I eat something I know is going to make it spike. And at that point, I’m just checking to see how bad the spike is, when it starts, and how long it lasts.

Sunday evening I had some French fries and a grilled cheese sammich. I knew it wasn’t going to turn out good, i was at 107 beforeI ate, and I hit 174 two hours after eating. Two hours later I was back down to 112.

821 - 840 of 861 Posts