·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of South Beach

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I actually do a combination of several diets. South Beach is good, Atkins is good, Dr Bernstein's diet is good. I recently switched to an organic diet called the Diet Solution Program which has been great for my bgs. I basically pick the diet that gives me the best bgs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't heard of dr bernstein but will look for that. I pretty much follow a low carb diet, just need some more recipes. I saw some great ones on south beach

·
Registered
299 Posts
I tend to say I'm on Atkins, and I started that way but now I really only have three rules: 1) nothing that spikes me over 140 2) no more than 25 carbs per day 3) try to eat more vegetables

I get new recipes from google searching "low carb recipe for _________".. I get alot of them from Low Carb Friends website forums and Linda's Low Carb website.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution is the title, available in large chunks, online.

I mostly follow Atkins, it is more pragmatic than some of the Paleo or Primal things ... we have to eat not only what is healthful, but what is available a nd what satisfies!

I am also ovo-lacto-vegetarian, and love to cook and collect low-carb recipes. So I get recipes from Paleo and Primal people, still!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been eating low carb since diagnosed in January. It makes me wonder what was happening to my body before the diagnosis and change in diet. I
PHP:
had to be consuming an awful amount of carbs. Kind of scary to think about:)

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Yes, it is ... no idea how long I had D before diagnosis, but see my response a bout low blood sugar in the other thread!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts