The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
5381 - 5400 of 5490 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
diabetes86 said:
I didnt know they had bildings that tall in AR :)
I can't honestly say what the tallest building is in the state. The tallest boiler building where I work is around 200 feet tall, 20 stories. My office is on the 4th floor. Our control room is on the 3rd floor in another building. The buildings are connected with a catwalk at the 3rd floor elevation. I typically walk down the stairs to the ground floor walk to the other building and walk up 3 flights of stairs. Same thing going back to my office. Counting the first climb to my office, a trip to the control room, and then back to the office, I've got 11 floors knocked out the first hour.

Today at lunch I walked to the top of the boiler and back to the ground three times, 60 floors. Ended the day with 93 floors and about 14,000 steps. Will be close to 15,000 after I go out and feed.

Here is a couple of pics from out the back door of the next to the highest floor of the building

image-2957065685.jpg

image-1224637709.jpg

That's how it look from a catwalk about 180 feet above the ground.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
19.9 mile ride today with hills and everything... I am tuckered out. av speed 13.1 I am happy with that now I gota build up my endurance so I can do that ride 4 times in a row. 86 miles and 3 rest stops or ~ 20 miles between rest stops that is day 1 of the NEC. ~ 6 weeks from now

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Got my steps goal in, but only had 28 stairs yesterday. I was feeling the day before.

Reactions: glwilso8

·
hans
1,548 Posts
Today a walk in the woods with my ex. climbing a rather high hill to get to the water filled quarry. Parking the car on the opposite side of the wood and lost direction for a while, but after a while arrived to the small lake. Quite warm water temperature now and a photo: Me diving down to reach the bottom. In some way showing still young for my age:vs_smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
experimenting with interval training on recumbent bike. going to experiment with max one rep weights to develop new work out. hand has almost completely healed from nail gun incident. bout time to see where i'm at and adjust accordingly. seems there is stuff to learn about interval training too. like only three times a week? arrgh!

·
Registered
234 Posts
ok been doing 3 miles to try out interval training. just got off bike wanted to do 5 mile see what happens. 2 min warm up 20 sec sprint 2 min recovery 20 sec sprint and repeat to finish. have gone from a max rpm of about 70 to hitting 84 rpm 82 rpm numerous times. did it in 20:02 my best time to date. like weight lifting supposed to take day off for muscle recovery? start bg 114(after meal) ended with 101. made the sweat drip which is a change. the recovery rpm was better than my usual lsd rpms and felt more comfortable-easy. tomorrow work on develop the weight scheme, want to sculpt, if possible, the muscles under my saggy skin from losing 40 + lbs in last 4 months. some places need enlarged, others sculpted. something to focus on and, bonus, benefit from. down sugars! down! i'm excited to see what i can affect.

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
I've been making my daily step goals and getting in plenty of stair climbing. Was looking forward to getting in some bike riding if the rain would hold off and let me this weekend. Well the weather has been cooperative so far, but kidney stones had something different to say about it. I won't ride today for sure, maybe not tomorrow or Monday either. May not get my steps in today, but pacing back and forth because nothing else was helping the discomfort, got me about 4000 steps in by 9 AM.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Lets see its been a while since I posted my exercise... Bean doing great since my surgery Rode 30 miles today (90+ temp), 32 on wendsday and 19 on monday.

:)

·
hans
1,548 Posts
Really warm weather today around + 28 C so a quite long swim in a water filled quarry. Another lake than in my last post. A tolerable water temperature. Perhaps + 19 C and lots of bathers. Just some American girls who hesitated to jump into the water, but finally they dared to do it loudly talking mixed with screams. Here is a photo of the lake and rocks plunging vertically down into the water..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Me diving down to reach the bottom. In some way showing still young for my age:vs_smile:
Clever photo Hans, considering they say the legs are the last to go :D

Reactions: hans

·
Registered
234 Posts
trying out high intensity training on me bicycle. its actually yielding some solid results. in two weeks have gone from a high sustainable sprint of 80rpm to 85rpm, then, last evening was able to hold 95 on six different occasions max sprint was 97 rpm. top hr was 131 finished 5 mi. in 20:53. for me that breeds hope. am changing over weight lifting to high weight low rep to see if i can grow any muscle. everything demands 48hr minimum rest. i'm game. and i'm a bit sore. getting lots of things done around the place-one at a time. so many things you just pick one and do it like eating an elephant for true. best part is not stressing. this swing shift stuff could be to my advantage i'm thinking.

·
Registered
234 Posts
pulled a 19:32 for 5 mi. on bike. i'd say it works. increased my reps on bench and military press by 50%(from 8 reps good form to 12). time to bump up the weight 10%. my whole body is tired.

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Haven't gotten many steps in or floors climbed lately. Yesterday I did go for a 10 mile bike ride and then dug up the inlet and outlet access covers on my septic tank. Got too hot doing that, trying to beat the rain and cover the holes and piles of dirt with tarps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
so IT IS FOOD CONTROL...

okay....I'm really going to try and use this to get motivated. really. tomorrow I will post something here....really :) Something.

Ok no worries. We can motivate each other along the way. I do not have a problem getting down to walking. In fact I love walking so much that it is a therapy for me. But no matter how much I walk, if I do not take care of my food intake my readings will go up. I walk and I must still control my carbs and sugar intake. This morning my fasting reading was 4.8 (87mg) after a long time of higher than 5.5 (100mg)...that I attribute to strict food control. The walking is a constant factor. Food is the variable in my case...so IT IS FOOD CONTROL...

·
Registered
234 Posts
ok i have 8 levels on my stationary recumbent bike riding at a level 3 minimum and 50% at level 4 with 3 tenths of a mile at level 5 of the 5 mile doing intervals. i feel proud that i just rode a 19:13 for 5 miles and held 26+mph for 20 seconds at one point. of course, i don't know how it translates into road biking, nor do i care. for me it is real progress. i'm seeing veins popping out all over my limbs that i haven't seen since i was a spring chicken. i don't notice my arthritic knees anything like i used to and i just watched it suck 25 points off of my glucose level. i like feeling the euphoria.....winning at SOMETHING.

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
ok i have 8 levels on my stationary recumbent bike riding at a level 3 minimum and 50% at level 4 with 3 tenths of a mile at level 5 of the 5 mile doing intervals. i feel proud that i just rode a 19:13 for 5 miles and held 26+mph for 20 seconds at one point. of course, i don't know how it translates into road biking, nor do i care. for me it is real progress. i'm seeing veins popping out all over my limbs that i haven't seen since i was a spring chicken. i don't notice my arthritic knees anything like i used to and i just watched it suck 25 points off of my glucose level. i like feeling the euphoria.....winning at SOMETHING.
Oh if you could just feel the breeze from moving outside. Come to think of it, I haven't had that feeling in a while.

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Got that breeze in the face feeling today, but boy was it a warm one. 15 mile bike ride, didn't start until a little before noon. Next time needs to be closer to daylight or dark. Its been a while and realized I'm oh so out of shape.

BG before ride 99, BG after ride 135. Nothing since breakfast but water. That dang water.

5381 - 5400 of 5490 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.