The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
7161 - 7180 of 9272 Posts

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
64 (3.54) this morning, 76 (4.2) at bedtime.

Yay Tamagno, hope the numbers stay down!!

@Wally, my experience was similar to yours. Give it a couple of days and I think you will see good relief.

@Sojodave, I'm a little confused at when the readings were taken. Was start at 8:30 and the 137 at one hour making the 10:30 at 2 hours? Or was 8:30 the 1 hr and 10:30 then 3 hrs? Sure you could drop down that much in 3 hours. It would really help get the full picture though if you had taken a before reading.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ate at 7:30pm (The Costa Vida Chicken Salad)
Tested at 8:30pm and got 137
Tested at 10:30ish and got 98
Tested at 7:00am this morning and got 107

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
OK, thanks. A 2 hour test would give some good info. It is down in good range by 3 hrs so my guess is you were about there when you started. Always try to take a before and 1-2- & 3 hr (if needed) readings when eating something new. Sounds like the salad worked for you.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks, I was playing with the Costa Vida website nutrition calculator. Some of there Smothered Pork Burritos have 337 carbs. WOW!!!

Reactions: macksvicky

·
Super Moderator
9,511 Posts
An 82 (4.6) this afternoon.

·
Registered
77 Posts
105 this am. Numbers on the way down. Let's see how I handle the weekend. First hockey game of the year for our local minor league team , usually involves pregame meal and select beverages. Oh the temptations at the game too. Mini donuts, candied nuts, pulled pork sandwiches, BEER! wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
90 again this cold morning, but at least the rain has stopped :) Have a great Saturday everyone!!

·
Super Moderator
9,511 Posts
A 106 (5.9) this morning. About 3 hours more sleep than normal.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
113, disappointing! My 7 day average is 107.4 this with eating LC to VLC and a minimum of about an hour of brisk walking per day.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
69 (3.8) this dark, cloudy, breezy morning, 71 (3.9) at bedtime.

62°F with rain supposedly on the way. Low for tonight 30°F with snow in the forecast for overnight and tomorrow morning. Going out to cover the plants that need covering with a layer of leaves. I bought a Thermo Cube for the pump house. It will turn the heater on at 35°F and off at 45°F. Praying it is a 3 prong socket in there!! Otherwise I'll be out unplugging the heater tomorrow and disturbing the snakes again...... ugh!

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Yeah John, I'm not upset at all, actually, after hearing several horror stories from others about very high bg after a cortisone shot I expected much worse. I did find it interesting that it seems to be running a bit higher today than yesterday. I am quite pleased that it is no worse than it is.

·
Registered
61 Posts
98 -- I'm so happy to see it under 100 for the first time in weeks. Starting to increase my dose of met on Sunday.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yeah John, I'm not upset at all, actually, after hearing several horror stories from others about very high bg after a cortisone shot I expected much worse. I did find it interesting that it seems to be running a bit higher today than yesterday. I am quite pleased that it is no worse than it is.
One shot really should not do much. When I was talking about my high, that was after a week of twice a day tablets, beginning with 50mg. and tapering.

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
One shot really should not do much. When I was talking about my high, that was after a week of twice a day tablets, beginning with 50mg. and tapering.
I wonder if the issue with the tablets wasn't so much the medication itself but the tablet bulking agent used? Of course, that would have been something totally innocuous like sugar :rolleyes:

7161 - 7180 of 9272 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.