The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
7261 - 7280 of 9272 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
98 (5.4) this morning. It's a little warmer this morning (54) so it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day :)

Happy Friday everybody :)

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
A 104 (5.8) this morning. Participated in a seafood buffet last night. Too much protein, probably didn't need that last piece of fish.

·
Registered
61 Posts
95 this a.m. Yay! Back on track.

52 and partly cloudy but it's Friday!

·
Registered
788 Posts
5.2 before bed last night, and 4.3 this morning. Very happy with where its going. I have to confess its not *all* diet. I find that I do want to have bread and potatoes at times (not at the same time!!) so I'm not going without those when I think I really want to have them, but the potatoes are small, just a bit bigger than chat sized, and the bread is usually low carb, though this week I shouted myself a nice crusty Vienna loaf. No idea what it has to do with Vienna but its nice, and requires a jab every time :)

Basically, if I am having any carbs over 1 (thats a 15g serve) I have a rapid acting dose of insulin. I've been using RapidCalc on my iPhone for a few weeks now and I finally trust it to tell me what I need to do. I spiked an 8.2 yesterday after having a ham and chutney sandwich (carb miscalculation) but it was OK because at tea time, Rapidcalc told me exactly how much insulin I needed in order to get back in range. And it works. Every time.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
95 / 5.2 this morning.

Thanks, everyone, for the sympathies. The last few months I have had real-life training on how weird BG can get when the body is under stress. Pain in the upper left quarter of my head, strange BG levels - especially at bedtime, lots of vertigo and flashing lights/ocular migraines. Neither doctor nor dentist could figure it out. All of which happened, stopped happening, happened again, responded to antibiotics, came back.

A few weeks ago a new dentist did some kinda-weird-angle xrays and shouted "There it is!" Turns out the roots of my upper teeth are a tangled mess that extends into my sinus. The abscess has been draining up, causing all those scary strange symptoms. The root canal a few weeks ago caused a very fast improvement. But, now the symptoms are coming back. So, next week I see the dentist and, I suspect, say bye-bye to dear old #10 tooth.

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
A 96 (5.3) this morning.

58F, clear, calm with high today of 76F. 10 day forecast shows 9 sunny days and Wednesday to be partly cloudy and low chance of rain. Good time to be off.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
91 (5.0) this morning. It's a beautiful morning, cold though so I'll have to bundle up to get in a walk this morning :)

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone :)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Nancy, I hope your dentist gets everything sorted out soon!!! I feel for you and hate to hear of people in pain :(

7261 - 7280 of 9272 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.