The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1221 - 1240 of 9272 Posts

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
66 (3.65) this cold partly cloudy morning, 75 (4.15) at bedtime.

It has been warming a little. For the next few days we won't be dropping below 0°F, but we won't be going above freezing either! It is 28°F (-2.2C) right now and it feels pleasant outside! Sun shining just a few clouds

I got my One Touch Ultra 2 yesterday. First thing I did after setting it up was do a test. I got 88 on the Accu-chek Aviva and 89 on the One Touch. That made me feel better. Most of the tests have been within 5 points of each other so I don't feel as bad now having to give up the Accu-chek. Need to call dr for new rx.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
4.2 this morning.

Dogs happy after a good beach run but oh they do come home in an awful mess. Both have thick coats and I manage to get most of the sand out under the outside shower then they go under the laundry room shower for a lather up and rinse off. They think this is all good fun but I'm usually soaked through by the time it's all over. They will be getting a professional groom next week so that they are beautiful for Christmas. Have to look your best for Christmas photos!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
5.8 (105) my number is a bit higher when I don't take my pill. Very hot again this morning.

CD, you are so funny :D .

Tamagno thanks :), I know you mean well. We doing all right, but there's lots of room for improvement. We are fortunate in a sense to have the Western Cape governed by a democratic party and they seem to be gaining a lot of support. We are certainly not ducking and diving under a hail of bullets as the media would have the world believe, mind you, nor did the majority of the population before'94, accept for the periodic riots, shown in the movie.
(we were told though that it was rubber bullets) oi, but glad that's long over.
Diverse as we may be, the majority of SA'ns want the same thing and that is to get on with life and business as usual, but you'll always have a few who stirs and that is where the media focus and thrives :(

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
A 5.5 for me this morning. So far winter has only lightly touched Stockholm with 1 cm of snow during "the storm" last week but that snow has all since melted. Temps are back up above 0°C (today at +7°C) and it looks like they will remain on the plus side through the Christmas holidays. It'll be our first green Christmas in a long time.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
238 this morning - stress, no doubt - big concert tonight and I've got to do well!

Tish, you're right - we all just want to get on with life without the garbage served up by crime and corruption from whatever source.

So, I'm in early to school today in the frigid cold to get a head start practicing. I'll be playing preludes for our Christmas concert tonight and I need to get circulation going in my hands. Hoping my eye sight stays at least even for the event. Also will be doing some dancing with insulin and carbs to avoid hypo-ing during energetic conducting.

After 50 years of performing, you'd think I'd be over stage fright, but it just never goes away. The children are well prepared, however, and seem excited.

Well, after tonight I'm basically on holiday until after the new year so whatever happens at least rest is in sight!

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
109 today. It is frigid cold here. My son was hoping for a snow day due to the freezing temps, but no such luck. We have one more week next week, and then the kids are off until next year. I am sooo looking forward to the break. When he's home from school, I work mostly from my home office. It's a nice change of pace for a few weeks. Everyone stay safe and warm!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Another unexplained odd one --- 153 this morning :eek: -- 112 at bedtime - a coating of snow this morning that was not in the forecast. Wind chill is not getting out of the teens today... brrrr.... :D

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
111 this morning. A lot of wood out in the yard that needs to be split yet so I won't lack for exercise this weekend. How did winter get here so soon ?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I was 103 this morning. Got up to 10 F, sorta sunny but an inversion is building.

Reactions: clebo

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
74 (4.1) this cold and cloudy morning, 72 (3.99) at bedtime.

Warmer today 30°F (-1.1°C) snow in the forecast for this afternoon and evening. I need to get out and run some errands so need to try and get it done before it snows!

@Tamagno, have a great performance tonight!

@Pat so glad you got to have a nice visit!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
4.6 this morning.

Warm and overcast this morning - temp 28C (82F).

Pat, one of my dearest friends is coming to stay for a few days next week. Luckily her husband loves the beach and he will spend hours there each day. This gives us 'girls' plenty of time to sit on the deck and have a good old natter. There's something special about a friend who's been with you through the good times and the bad - a shared history can engender such a close bond - we know that we will always be there for each other.

1221 - 1240 of 9272 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.