The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1261 - 1280 of 9272 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
5.5 (98) this morning. Cloudy but very warm, it helps shade the direct Sun.

Tamagno, hope it all goes well on Monday.

Monday is a public holiday so we have a long weekend, but most companies have shut down for the holidays by now. I should have as well, but will close this coming Friday.
Tomorrow all the shops etc will be closed for the funeral.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
146 this morning.

Last day of classes, praise God. Thanks for the good wishes, everyone!

The children enjoyed their Christmas party yesterday. I put on some old '40s songs which they loved; dancing and singing while getting sugared up on cookies and simultaneously studying for exams. Some days you just have to love the little angels!

We're in the cross hairs of a big winter storm this weekend. They've taken to naming these things for some reason and are calling this one Elektra which appellation gave rise to some speculation at the Friday faculty meeting.

I spoke with the Dexcom rep who could offer no explanation for the sensor failure. At least they're really good about replacing them. Now working fine.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
109 today. It's starting to snow here again, and I am seriously hoping that it holds off from any major downpour of snow until this afternoon. My son's First Reconciliation is today, and we have to be at the church at 10 o'clock this morning, followed by brunch at his favorite restaurant. Even though my husband will drive, it still makes me nervous! Everyone have a great day, and stay nice and warm!

·
Super Moderator
9,515 Posts
etherea, participant, I'm in the couch potato wrangling. Haha. No, going to bed at midnight and up at 3:20 am was getting rough. I used to go to the National Cutting Horse Association Finals every year at Fort Worth (also as a spectator) this time of year. I missed seeing NFR except the last day because they usually were going on at the same time.

A 113 (6.3) this morning with a runny nose. Went to bed with a 107 and a drizzle of rain at midnight. The rain has stopped and the temperature has been rising all night, almost 40F at 7 AM. Partly cloudy most of the day today high of 45F, sunny tomorrow with high of 48.

Rodeo and cutting horses, I am a spectator. Bicycle riding, I am a participant.

Reactions: Tamagno and etherea

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
etherea, participant, I'm in the couch potato wrangling. Haha.

Rodeo and cutting horses, I am a spectator. Bicycle riding, I am a participant.
LOL, I'm a participant in couch potato wrangling also.
My brother (now a farrier) was a bullrider/rodeo announcer at one time and his best friend was a rodeo clown. They call them bullfighters now instead of clowns--better description. His friend worked the NFR a few times when he was younger.

·
Registered
690 Posts
96 this morning. I do feel better. No fever but I keep sweating for no reason. And I am not hot. It's gross actually.

·
Registered
432 Posts
91 for me
85 last night

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Snap tish, 98 for me also this morning. Warming up here, snow almost all melted and sunny skies for the next few days.

·
Registered
112 Posts
99 -- I've had about two weeks of improved results because I've had lots of time off from work (only 2.5 days/week in December) so I guess it's because I can pay more attention to things like diet and exercise. I've been doing yoga and weightlifting (it's cold outside) and of course some hiking and tennis (it's not super-cold).

Reactions: Tamagno and clebo

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Thanks etherea. The snow wasn't too bad. It's coming down hard now, but it's all good, since the service and brunch are both over! I am always a proud mommy, but today was extra special for my guy! Here's a picture from right before the service. Don't know why the picture came out so bad. My phone was taking terrible photos today, for some reason. Anyway, love my boy!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
4.8 this morning.

Bright, sunny morning with expected top temp of 28C.

BBQ with friends last night. Good time had by all, I think the glasses of red contributed CD! Going to have to watch my protein intake at Summer BBQs, I ate a huge steak and later went back for another! Didn't need it, just gluttony.

Your little lad is gorgeous Mary, so glad that all went to plan despite the weather.

Tish, I attended the ecumenical service for Mandela on Thursday. A beautiful spiritually uplifting event despite it being a sad farewell to such a great man.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
71 (3.9) this cold gray morning, 71 at bedtime too!

Temp is 37°F (2.8°C) but the skies are full of dark rain/snow laden clouds. Depending on where the temp stays we'll either get rain or snow today.

@Mary, glad the weather held off for you. What a handsome young man you have there!!

Have a good weekend all!

·
Registered
483 Posts
110 this morning. We went to dinner last night (BBQ) tasted so good I ate it all and tasted the BBQ sauce, so a bit higher than I would like.

Reactions: Freya

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
128 this morning.

A look outside reveals maybe a couple of inches of snow. Rather well short of the predictions.

My wife has embarked upon yet another campaign to fatten me up. Dinner last night came with carby black rice and some sort of sauce with wine on the chicken. Good, but not likely to have much effect, I suppose.

1261 - 1280 of 9272 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.