The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
7321 - 7340 of 9402 Posts

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
118 this morning but no known cause. In the old days I would have retested, but heck it's within the 20+ or minus range so why waste a strip? I hope all with sniffles get well soon. Nothing worse than a summer cold

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
67 (3.7) this morning, 78 (4.3) at bedtime.

It is sunny right now, but the clouds are gathering and once again thunderstorms are in the forecast for the late afternoon.

·
Registered
139 Posts
How are you getting such amazing numbers?! Do you think it just takes time being in ketosis to get so low?

67 (3.7) this morning, 78 (4.3) at bedtime.

It is sunny right now, but the clouds are gathering and once again thunderstorms are in the forecast for the late afternoon.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
How are you getting such amazing numbers?! Do you think it just takes time being in ketosis to get so low?
First of all, I absolutely do not cheat, ever! Even when I was on vacation at the beginning of the month I stuck to plan. I count net carbs and am seldom over 15 per day. Even if you carried that out to total carbs, I would guess it is just a bit over 20/day. I keep my nutrient ratios at 80% fat; 15% protein and 5% carb and many days I am closer to 3% carbs with the fats a little higher. My blood ketones are always high 2's and into the 3's and my ketogenic ratio is always over 2. I don't want to be bouncing in and out of ketosis so I am very strict with what I eat. Yet, I in no way feel deprived of any food, and I have no cravings for off plan foods. I have been in deep ketosis for 12 months. It is what works for me, it may be too strict for others.

Yes, I do believe it takes some time for your body to adjust to burning ketones and to begin to see the lower numbers. How much time, I couldn't say as we are all so different. You might want to play with your ratios some if you are not seeing the results you want. Maybe shave off some protein and add more fat.

Maybe more info than you were looking for. It's what works for me, it may not work for others.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not at ALL too much info!! I'm an info geek. I always want more data!! :)

I feel like I've been pretty strict, not going over 20-30 carbs per day, and not over 50 on a cheat day, where I might have too many blackberries, or a bite of my daughter's pancake. Working on that one. I think the key will be to moderate the protein and have more fat. I'll keep playing around with it, and try to be stricter with myself. Not one lick! ;)

I'm still experiencing complications, even at 100-120, so I want to go lower and see if I can heal up. Thank you!!

First of all, I absolutely do not cheat, ever! Even when I was on vacation at the beginning of the month I stuck to plan. I count net carbs and am seldom over 15 per day. Even if you carried that out to total carbs, I would guess it is just a bit over 20/day. I keep my nutrient ratios at 80% fat; 15% protein and 5% carb and many days I am closer to 3% carbs with the fats a little higher. My blood ketones are always high 2's and into the 3's and my ketogenic ratio is always over 2. I don't want to be bouncing in and out of ketosis so I am very strict with what I eat. Yet, I in no way feel deprived of any food, and I have no cravings for off plan foods. I have been in deep ketosis for 12 months. It is what works for me, it may be too strict for others.

Yes, I do believe it takes some time for your body to adjust to burning ketones and to begin to see the lower numbers. How much time, I couldn't say as we are all so different. You might want to play with your ratios some if you are not seeing the results you want. Maybe shave off some protein and add more fat.

Maybe more info than you were looking for. It's what works for me, it may not work for others.

·
carbcrazydog
835 Posts
100 today morning. yday my mom in law's mom made puran poli for me. Just to describe it to non-Indians, it is lentils boiled and mixed with jaggrey, cashew, raisins, coconut powder and stuffed in a roti and made like a pancake. i just had half (and it took all willpower not to have more) and worked out like mad on the treadmill afterwards. am happy with a 100 today.

·
hans
1,548 Posts
5.2 this Midsummer´s day. Turned out I didn´t celebrate alone yesterday, so my head a bit heavy after some red wine. But a refreshing bike tour will probably make me more alert and full of energy again. Cloudy this morning after the warm and sunny weather lately.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Well, this is new. 33 this morning and I'm sitting here not feeling a thing different.

Marsha, my new Omnipod system came yesterday. Looks pretty cool with a number of new features on the PDM as well as the smaller pods. I'll be finishing the training and will start on Monday.

Pgsongbird, your performances sound terrific! What a blessing you are to these families and what a wonderful gift you must have. Wish I could hear you!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
108 (6.0) again today after some rain last night, partly cloudy & sunny this AM.

Lots of info this morning as well as firsts.
Well this is a first for me, so thought I would share.
I am now very unhappy about my determined 10 point raised bs every morning because of my own little furore with those delectable tiny choc-coated monsters and honey/oat bread I've been having over just two weeks and now its all messed up for me. I must confess, that I do like a challenge and am inclined to push the boundaries, but silly me shouldn't do this with diabetes, I've just discovered to my detriment.:( (only had 3 slices of the honey/oat bread as toast. 1 slice three mornings in a row), but also the 1 slice of warm bread served up in restaurants.

This morning I decided to make the 'bread in 70 sec'. Skipped breakfast from my usual small apple which hardly raises my bs and by lunchtime, I had my one double slice of flax meal bread, topped with my favourite full-cream cheese spread, butter, chicken, mayo & avo. I had half.
It was too filling with so many toppings and then I struggled to keep it down, until I felt forced to have a mint sweet.
I could weep. :shocked: :tsk: :Cry:

·
Registered
224 Posts
145 - I will do better when fresh cherry season is over :(

·
hans
1,548 Posts
5.2 this Midsummer´s day
And later today visiting my ex and an almost empty stomach. Very hungry and had a quite large piece of bread and 35 minutes later 8.2. Can´t remember, when last I had such a high number. Well, sometimes you just neglect that you have diabetes. Back on the wagon again.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
147 today. :(

Vicki - It's torturing me that I can't have cherries. They're nice and fresh where I am!

Paulomi - My mouth's watering. About two years ago, I lived on nothing except good Indian food and homemade Indian sweets. The first time I had homemade, authentic Indian sweets, I actually thought I was tasting a bite of what Heaven must feel like. I mean, do they have to be that good? Someday, somewhere, and somehow, I am going to replicate Indian sweets in a low carb way. :rolleyes:

As for the 147, I have no idea where it came from. Nothing unusual for dinner or snack last night, and thanks to MCS, all of my pp numbers have been awesome! Decided to not get upset about it, even after a retest. All I can say is, guess I'm still diabetic? And move on.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I seem to be stuck in a rut with my BS above 100 these past few days, and going into a week with numbers consistantly over 100. I'm going to exercise like a madman on my days off.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
9,515 Posts
Went fishing yesterday morning after getting off work and then stayed busy outside the rest of the day and didn't take a nap. Got up this morning after 3 hours in the lazy boy and 4 hours in the bed to 103 (5.7). Normal breakfast stuff, coffee, eggs and cheese, and bacon. 2 hours later 151(8.4) WTH?? Haven't seen anything like that since having respiratory infection last fall.
My bicycle is going to pay for it.

7321 - 7340 of 9402 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.