The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
7361 - 7380 of 9402 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
3.4 which is now down. This cutting smoking causes havoc with GB and it is a bit of a lottery. Was always much more stable. Tried quitting completely but that didn't work so doing this slowly and gently.
Gretchen Rubin wrote a book and has a website called The Happiness Project. Her theory is that some people are moderators and others are abstainers. It's easier for abstainers to quit cold turkey and moderators do best by being moderate.
Back by Popular Demand: Are You an Abstainer or a Moderator? « The Happiness Project
In short:
You’re a moderator if you…
– find that occasional indulgence heightens your pleasure–and strengthens your resolve
– get panicky at the thought of “never” getting or doing something

You’re an abstainer if you…
– have trouble stopping something once you’ve started
– aren’t tempted by things that you’ve decided are off-limits

·
Registered
881 Posts
79 (4.4) this morning!!

But I don't know if it's being 23 days off of Metformin, the daily intake of coconut oil, or the big ole Cinnamon Flax Meal muffin I've been having at dinner the past couple of nights... Or a combination of the three??
Pain and discomfort has also decreased considerably since I've been off the Met. Fatigue, however, is stubborn and us slow to get anything below a 5 or 6 on a scale of 1 to 10.
I want to be better already!!!! Ugh!!

Oh, yeah, my metabolism is crazy high. If I don't get a minimum of 2200 calories a day, I lose weight. I've lost 4 pounds since I got off the Metformin. What?!?!?! I used to gain weight at anything above 1250 calories! I am beyond sedentary these days. I'm only 5'3" and my thyroid last July tested on the lower side of normal. Maybe it's time for another test? Don't get me wrong, I like the weight loss, but I can only afford to lose about 6 or 7 more pounds.
What is going on???!!

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Bree,

I found that when I dumped the carbohydrates, but the BH kept my calorie count at about 2,200 I lost weight steadily until I settled down at my present figure - right bang in the middle of the "normal" weight range. Nothing was changed in my new diet and there my weight has remained for the last two and a half years.

After a couple of weeks of "carb flu" I found that my muscle fatigue disappeared and I can now do my summer chore of log cutting without ending the hour's work as a grey sweaty dishrag.

So, I wouldn't currently be too concerned that your thyroid is misbehaving - give yourself three months and then decide :).

·
carbcrazydog
835 Posts
Jealous. I've always had an extreme addiction to clothes. I could clothes shop every week, without complaint.
Shopping used to be so depressing for me till now as i had a big paunch which made me look pregnant. I wish i had known that all i needed was LCHF but i was in the "low fat" race till now and nothing helped. I could still do with losing 5 pounds but am enjoying looking non-pregnant for the first time in life ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Went to my dr appointment a1c is 7.9 yeah im seeing it go down... gained 2lbs but still in the race to loose weight.

Spinich salad - leaf spinich, strawberries, blueberries, glazed nuts, raspberry dressing ..

Serve with grilled chicken or talabia fish non bread.

Sent from my M886 using Diabetes

·
Registered
881 Posts
Bree,

I found that when I dumped the carbohydrates, but the BH kept my calorie count at about 2,200 I lost weight steadily until I settled down at my present figure - right bang in the middle of the "normal" weight range. Nothing was changed in my new diet and there my weight has remained for the last two and a half years.

After a couple of weeks of "carb flu" I found that my muscle fatigue disappeared and I can now do my summer chore of log cutting without ending the hour's work as a grey sweaty dishrag.

So, I wouldn't currently be too concerned that your thyroid is misbehaving - give yourself three months and then decide :).
John, I have been on LCHF for 11-weeks straight with no cheats, no more than 30 grams of carbs per day. The only change is dropping the Metformin and the increase in calories. My protein goal has been 67 grams. My macros is usually around 80-15-5
Ohhhhhh... That is a change. I've been 80-15-5 for 2 to 3 weeks now. I was at 70-20-10 at much fewer calories for months (1200 calories for about 6-months). Hmmm..

·
carbcrazydog
835 Posts
95 today morning. I forced myself on the treadmill at midnight although just wanted to crash on bed after a long day shopping. It was so amazing as after a long time i played the radio and there were these old melodious songs playing for half an hour. I am looking forward to it again today :)

7361 - 7380 of 9402 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.