The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2521 - 2540 of 7025 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
94 (5.2) this morning. Up at 4:30 AM today, sometimes my shoulders give me a hard time and I just have to get up. No rain yesterday but still a chance today. I have to go in today for an echocardiogram and then have a Holter Monitor attached for 24 hours. I've done this a couple of times before and it's OK but kind of a PITA to sleep with it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Me and Wally are twins this morning:) 94 for me also.. yesterday was a 89 and I jumped out of my chair with joy~!! still 94 is great and I am happy and grateful for it.

painting the master bathroom today- tickled to finally be getting that done-- right now its YELLOOOOOW - eww lol.. by tonight it will be a soft sage green.. a healing color according to Feng Shui.wooohoooo

hoping ya'll have a fabulous , low bg number day!!

·
Registered
698 Posts
FBS 68, went on a walk in muggy hot daybreak. Expect the high 90's today, but I'm sweating just sitting here at 7:00am. Whew. Can't wait for winter...EXCEPT the fruits, the vegetables, the bird song and the new life all around. Nothing to complain about. Hope you are feeling well this Tuesday.

·
Super Moderator
9,503 Posts
A 108 (6.0) this morning. A little overcast but 94F with a feels like 111F is not too comfortable to be out in. I'm such a sissy now.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
84 (4.65) this hazy warm morning, 76 (4.2) at bedtime last night.

@Wally, I hear you re the monitor!! I wore the Holter for 24 hrs in March, yeah PITA!! I'm now wearing an Event Monitor (much the same as the Holter) for 30 DAYS! I have to change the electrodes every 3 days. Now that is a real PITA!!! :(

·
Registered
830 Posts
Oh Barb. I had to wear one of those a few years ago. My skin is really sensitive to adhesives, even the so called sensitive ones. I had sore blistery red spots from the sticky things. I tried to move them a little each time, but they couldn't get too far or it wouldn't work right.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
@Barbara, Oh my, I don't envy you at all ! This is bad enough, here I was feeling put out having to wear this thing for 24 hrs. I hope after going through that they can come up with some good info.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
157 this morning.

Got some labs back - A1C, 8.3 (not bad, considering) and vitamin D levels dropped again to 5 despite prescription supplements.

Literally on the wild side, I heard a wolf out in the woods in the middle of the night. A lone, prolonged howl at first and then joined by another with much barking and snarling. The first I've heard around here. Much more dangerous, feral and frightening sounding than our usual coyotes!

·
Super Moderator
9,503 Posts
A 95 (5.3) this morning. Started taking Lantus yesterday to get thru the healing process hoping to avoid anything over 140 in the future, which I wasn't doing.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Division has been vehemently denying that there are cougars in Arkansas. I don't remember if they had the same opinion of wolves, but I've heard a lot of people say there were none. I have seen both, but have not heard a wolf howl or a panther scream in person. The panther I saw while squirrel hunting. I was just quietly sitting on a stump looking around and saw him traveling at a walk from the direction of an oxbow lake further into the woods. He passed within 50 yards of me and seemed to never sense my presence. The wolves i saw while I was fishing in another oxbow lake further down the river. I just suddenly had a weird feeling I was being watched and saw 1 big black wolf sitting on the bank and 2 brownish grayish smaller wolves standing a few yards behind the bigger one. The small ones were bigger than any coyotes I've seen around here. Cougar(s) have been seen in my back yard by my kids and seen crossing the highway within a mile of my house by my wife. I think it would be neat to hear them in the wild, but just not too close to home.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
78 (4.3) this sunny morning. Rain, or rather "chance of rain", is out of here and clear and sunny for a while. well, that's normal for July.
No Wolves around here but we do have lots of Coyotes, Mountain Lions and Bears.
People that live up here and are further off the highway have more instances of Bears and Mountain Lions in their yard, especially as the drought has had them looking for water and food.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
I was awake for 3 hrs. when I thought to take my Fasting, but unfed, so I took it and it was 106 given the circumstances not too bad. I wish I could make myself remember to do it first thing.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Snap Wally! 78 (4.3) here too this mostly cloudy morning. 83 (4.59) at bedtime.

When I livedin the Sierras in CA, one night there were noises on the front porch. I thought DH was doing something outside so I called to him. He was in bed! I looked out on the front porch and there staring at me through to window in the door was a huge Cinnamon colored Black Bear! :eek: Now that I live in MT, I have coyotes, foxes, the rare mountain lion & bear, but the most frightening one I think is the Lynx that passes through here every few months. It's cry is a shriek that makes my blood run cold!! Also have a family of white tail deer that live in a nearby copse of trees and a family of beavers that live in my seasonal creek that splits my property. Now they are fun to watch!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
150 this morning.

The state of Connecticut denies that we have wolves and mountain lions. However, I learned that they only count them present if they find lactating females. Hm. I wonder just how they do that...

Mbuster, as a boy in West Virginia we had squirrel stew and I recall it being delicious! Also, the tails made swell decorations for hats and car antennas. Do you eat your squirrels? They would, of course, be low carb.

·
Super Moderator
9,503 Posts
95 this morning.

Tamagno, used to squirrel hunt all the time, until I saw the first snake and then I was snake hunting all the way back to the truck. Yes did eat them and they were very tasty, used to hunt anything in season all the time but have not in years. Used to really like them boiled and fixed with dumplings. Almost sounds tempting, I did love dumplings.

Reactions: Tamagno

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
81 (4.5) this morning. Looks like sunny and dry for at least the next few days. Warming up and may get into the high 90's next week, possibly 100°.
A few years ago before we enclosed the back porch we left a bowl of dog food out and we had a bear coming in the yard to get the dog food. Entire yard is fenced but that didn't stop the bear, didn't leave dog food out any more. We have had Bobcats walking through once in a while, they don't seem to be intimidated at all by people and will stand their ground but aren't aggressive. Occasional rattlesnake so you have to keep an eye out.

2521 - 2540 of 7025 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.