The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2561 - 2580 of 7025 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Wonderful 8 mile trek around Lake Siskiyou, temperatures in the 80's. What a treat! Getting ready for chickens and bed, BS 44 but having a good snack to get through the night. Thank you, Patdart, for your sympathy. I do love my chickens.
And Tamango, how glad I am to hear things are going better for you!
Good night all.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
100 this morning and barely using insulin - weird, but great!

Many thanks, Mbuster! My sister's husband is career so I know about all the moving. Must be tough as a kid.

I didn't realize Arkansas was flat which I wouldn't like but the idea of the Ozarks is appealing and I'll look into the possibilities. I know some places in Alabama where homes situated at the foot of "mountains" are at a premium because they disrupt severe weather.

I still say Hi, how y'all to strangers around here which they always find surprising - even more when I strike up conversations.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
80 (4.4) this morning. 89° (31.7°C) yesterday and 47° (8.3°C) this morning. Bright and sunny and should be for the next couple of days with another chance of thunderstorms coming next Thursday through Sunday.
@Tamagno, good deal, hope you have many more days like today. :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Not so good today, started at 114 and after insulin shot up to 296. 3 more units of Humulog has brought me down to 144, so I'll head out to the garden now to work off more.
Good morning to you, and happy Sunday.

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
A 112 this morning, didn't do my insulin last night, due to having a slight fever and just a general overall feeling like dodo.

Arkansas is similar to Colorado, just in the fact that about half the state is flat and half is hilly, much bigger hills in Colorado though. The SE half of the state is pretty flat and much farmland. I live on the very southern edge of the Ouachitas. They range over into SE Oklahoma and western central Arkansas. Northern Arkansas and southern Missouri have the Ozarks. Both beautiful mountain ranges in their own rights.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Northern Arkansas and southern Missouri have the Ozarks. Both beautiful mountain ranges in their own rights.
I'm the one over here in the Ozarks of southern Missouri. Retired here in 1988 and no regrets ever. 'Course it helps that we have 20+ acres of mostly oak trees which have fed the woodstove all these years! Livin' may not be easy, but it's cheaper than most everywhere else! ;)

·
Registered
698 Posts
FBS 96 this am, now 111. Beautiful cool wind early this morning, and saw a shooting star while sitting in the back drinking my morning milk.
Have a good Monday, all.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
94 (5.2) this morning. They are predicting a 20% chance of thunderstorms Thursday through Sunday which probably means we will just have higher humidity.
Off later today to have another of these pesky skin cancers removed.
@ Barb, Not fun, not being able to drive is a real handicap, especially for those of us living in a rural area. I hope the time passes swiftly.

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
A 93 (5.2) this morning.

Reactions: Kathryn Mc

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
108, taking my 95 yo dad to the dentist for a check and cleaning. He still has all his own teeth as does mom. He just called me to remind of his appointment, lol.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
110 this am....a bit high! I ate some 75% chocolate last night. I metered it and my BS went up to 132, then started dropping. I probably should not eat more than one square...I ate two! So now I know....
I don't know how many carbs are in 1 square of 75% chocolate but 1 square (1/2 oz.) of unsweetened baking chocolate has 4g of carbs. Some time ago I thought that if 75% chocolate is good then 100% should be better. It is a bit bitter but I have developed a taste for it and enjoy 1 square on occasion for a treat. Many people probably have no problem with 75% but I really have to watch carbs.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I don't know how many carbs are in 1 square of 75% chocolate but 1 square (1/2 oz.) of unsweetened baking chocolate has 4g of carbs. Some time ago I thought that if 75% chocolate is good then 100% should be better. It is a bit bitter but I have developed a taste for it and enjoy 1 square on occasion for a treat. Many people probably have no problem with 75% but I really have to watch carbs.
Each square of the chocolate we eat is 7g of carbs. It is not the normal size square used for cooking...I have tried eating less carb chocolate, and I cannot get used to the bitters....

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Each square of the chocolate we eat is 7g of carbs. It is not the normal size square used for cooking...I have tried eating less carb chocolate, and I cannot get used to the bitters....
It's so much better in coconut oil and a bit of sweetner though. I make my own liquid splenda so I have no sugar (dextrose) in it.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Yeah, I don't know why but I got used to the bitter taste and now like it. Roxanne is right though, it is a lot better with coconut oil and a bit of sweetening. I like to make chocolate/peanut butter fat bombs and two treat me nicely as far as bg goes. A Wilton silicon candy mold makes it easy.

2561 - 2580 of 7025 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.