The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
3021 - 3040 of 7025 Posts

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
82 (4.5) this smoky morning, 80 (4.4) at bedtime last night.

It is getting smokier and smokier again. Still not as bad as before, but it may get there. We have rain in the forecast for the next 4 days, but only 60% chance so we will see what comes of that....

I see the Neurologist tomorrow. Since I can't drive, my friend is going to pick me up on her way to work and then bring me home at the end of her day. (She is my pcp's nurse.) So I will probably be late to post. Hopefully with good news that I can drive again!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Oh, the kiddies were great. They love those water color boxes!
Mild weather today, in the 80's, and I worked out weeding Johnson Grass from around the lemon tree. Success! Any scrap of that plant that you leave behind will happily grow into a strong, tall, seedy monster. It's one of those never ending battles, unless you resort to poison, which I don't. So, it's kind of like washing dishes...over and over and over...still, it's lovely in the evening when they are all clean, and for a few hours everything looks fine. In this case, it will be fine until next spring...and then I'll start all over again.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
92/5.1

(((Roxanne))) I am glad your granddaughter has a diagnosis, but sorry for what it is.

We survived moving into the new house. I am now climbing over and through boxes-about to drive to Spartanburg and the family gathering to celebrate Mother's life.

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
An 82 (4.6) this morning.

71F, clear, 0% chance of rain, high of 94F. May not be cooled off by 5:30, but with 2 grandsons playing in Jr. High band at football game tonight, we'll be there.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
95 (5.3) this morning. Cooler and windy the next two days and then warming up for Labor Day. The Rough Fire which is north of here is now at 79,000 acres and only 25% contained. We get smoke off and on but not too bad lately.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
100, I hoped for less, it could have been more. Dinner at 9:30 last night. My only carbs were 1/3 cucumber, small tomato, lettuce and a fried jalapeno, 2g dressing.

·
Registered
698 Posts
107 this morning. My friend Mary got a new Subaru, and took me on an early morning drive to see what it's like. I enjoyed the moon through the skylight...and of course the car was very comfortable.
And now it's back to work...Hope your day is good.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Kathryn, I am so sorry to hear about your granddaughter, hopefully with a keto diet she will see a good improvement.

Woke up at a 61 (3.4) this morning, no idea where that came from, but only 1 more day to go before the long weekend :)

Reactions: Kathryn Mc

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Really late to post! 87 (4.8) this rainy morning, 77 (4.26) at bedtime last night. I had to get up 4 hours earlier than usual to get my ride to the dr today. That is probably why my fasting is higher than normal for me.

It was a looong day!! But the good news is I can now drive again!!:car::car::car: Yay!! Need to take my cat to the vet tomorrow as his virus has flared up again.

I passed all the physical tests except walking a straight line putting one foot in front of the other. I still think that is related to all the $hit that is wrong with my low back. Dr says maybe, maybe not. (He said I could still have diabetic neuropathy even though my sugar isn't high, I'm not sure I believe that.) I have had tingling on the soles of my feet for 2 years now that my PCP has said is back related. I can feel the touches, it just tingles. I go back Nov 3 for a nerve conduction test to see if it is back related or something else.

On Oct 8 I will have a CTA head & neck (CT exam that focuses particularly on the blood vessels, using a contrast material) and an EEG (electroencephalogram) of my brain looking for evidence of seizures. The date was chosen because it is 3 months from my last fall. I have had 3 bad falls and they have been almost to the day 3 months apart.

It feels so good to be released to drive again!!

edit to add: On the way home we went to The Good Food Store and though I was disappointed they were out of duck eggs, I got the most wonderful pouch of pork fat!!!

3021 - 3040 of 7025 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.