The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
6221 - 6240 of 7025 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
91 this am, and it will be hot today, but not as hot as walkerwally...that sounds to extreme for me. I melt at 95, and over 100 keeps me indoors.
Delicious fresh picked green beans last night, roasted with olive oil, whole garlic cloves, sliced red onion, a little soy sauce and a little rice vinegar...salt and lots of pepper. Mmmm.
Happy Wednesday, all.

·
Registered
294 Posts

Bunjee, I'm loathe to like your status because you're frustrated, but hang in there, you'll figure it out.

Just sitting here watching this stellar jay (I think) heckle a squirrel, chasing him almost. A few weeks ago I saw the bird dive bomb the squirrel!

Stay cool friends..

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
98, another hot day here. I did have some more potato salad with dinner last night. I don't think my FBG would have been lower today had I not. Could the boiled and cooled potatoes created a lot of resistant starch?

Reactions: Kathryn Mc

·
Registered
799 Posts
108. So another good reading. One day it's below 110, then next it's in the 130s. Still not going low overnight, so I will probably be going up another 2 units before the end of the week.

·
Super Moderator
9,503 Posts
A 79 (4.4) this morning.

Maybe the phone app is dying, I've been getting "parsed error" all day.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
102, upward trend again or a fluke? I've had 3 nights of potato salad, now it's gone. First time I didn't refuse it in over 2 1/2 years. I won't be a regular, but I may eat it on occasion as it hasn't shown to be a problem.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Strange, it was 200 when I went to bed, woke up with a splitting headache and tested at 242. Rallied for my boot camp class (which if I push too much spikes my bs) and after the workout was 199.

Did I say I can't wait to see my doc next week?

Mbuster - I'm having the same problem with my phone app too. I changed my account password on my desktop and am thinking maybe that's part of the problem? Going to uninstall and re-install and see if that takes care of it. - Nope..

·
Registered
698 Posts
FBG 84, down to 76 after breakfast and insulin. I go in today for lab work; I'm always eager to see my A1C. I expect it to be a little lower this time.
Wally, that's just too hot! I hope you see some cool breezes soon.
Enjoy this Thursday.

·
Super Moderator
9,503 Posts
A 68 (3.8) this morning.

Glad this 2 months of shutdowns is about over. Maybe I'll be retired before next years outage arrives.

·
Registered
294 Posts
220 this morning.

I downloaded a great app called MyNetDiary - tracks blood sugar, you can enter your meals, exercise etc. Yesterday my ratio of fat:carbs: protein was 76:4:20. I think I need to work on bringing the protein down a bit.

Anyways, happy Friday all!

·
Registered
698 Posts
84 this morning. I'm heading north to the Board Meeting in Redding. No work today, because by the time I get home it will be too hot. I bet I'll see some hawks along the way.
It's hard to understand what's happening right now in Great Britain, and what it will mean for the future. Are Ireland and Scotland leaving to stay in the EU?
Wow. It's all mind boggling to me.
Happy Friday.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Have a good trip Kathryn.

And agreed, it's crazy - been glued to the news. I know Scotland voted 60%+ to stay in EU so maybe they'll have another referendum to leave the UK? Should be an interesting ride..

6221 - 6240 of 7025 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.