The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
6261 - 6280 of 7025 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well, tonight my BG is 75, and I had a small snack to get through the night. Yes, I am usually low in the morning (3:00 AM for me) and I often check at midnight for an extra snack if I am below 70. Fiddling with my Lantus has resulted in very high readings, so for now I seem to be stuck with low FBG most of the time. During the day I test often, and keep usually in a good range. I take Lantus in the morning, which has actually improved my morning lows..they used to be worse. My doctor recommended a high fiber evening snack to keep the BG steady during the night, but I haven't landed on anything that consistently helps without giving me a high morning reading. I just seem to plunge around midnight sometimes.
Hey, are you finding it tricky to log in since the security breach? I keep getting a page with John-in-France and Tamagno wishing happy Christmas, and then I can't find my way to sign in or talk with folks here and now. At first I thought John and Tamagno were back, and I felt very happy, but now I see I am lost in some time warp. Is it just me?

·
Super Moderator
9,503 Posts
An 81 (4.5) this morning.

I usually never log out either. I did yesterday and couldn't log back in. I think I'll not log back out, oh crap, I didn't check the remember me box, so I guess I'll have to.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
86 (4.76) this morning. Thank you liver ! :biggrin:
I was having problems until I got the email with the new password and since then I haven't had a problem. Yes, I always check the "remember me" box to stay logged in.
Erskine fire is now at 43,000 acres and 40% contained. Hoping for full containment by Thursday. Still not sure how far it has traveled and in what direction. News is hard to come by.
Off in a bit for another Mose surgery for skin cancer, don't know how many that makes, I have lost count.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
98, going hiking today. It's supposed to get to 99 degrees in the valley. Hopefully I'll get over 10K feet and it will be cooler, but higher risk of sunburn in the thin air.

·
Registered
294 Posts
193 yesterday, today 173 (and after lunch was 151!).

The minute I head to the mountains, the stress seems to fall away. The other thing being I haven't done my bootcamp for the past couple of days, maybe that's part of it. Thanks all for the support and, yes, nice to see it start coming down after a month of LCHF. And today I have my doctor's appointment - she is great and squeezed me in instead of having to wait another month. I know she's not going to want me to do insulin though...

Barbara! It is such a small world! My mom's place is in Blue Lake Springs. We started going up there when I was a baby - to Golden Torch - and then my parents built the cabin when I was in junior high and it's been a second home ever since.

Wally, glad to hear the continued good news for you about the fire, but am sorry about the skin cancer surgery. Hope it goes well.

Kathryn, I love hearing about the goings on around your garden. Such a lovely visual to start a work day.

·
Registered
698 Posts
35 this gorgeous morning.Today I will plant carrots before it gets too hot. I just found a baby avocado tree I had thought dead has a small timid shoot that is very much alive...and I'm giving it TLC. I never dig out a dead baby tree until the end of the year just in case, and in this case it's a good thing. Wouldn't it be wonderful to go out in the morning to pick an avocado from your own tree?
Happy Mionday.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
92 (5.1) this hot morning, 92 at bedtime last night too. Still coughing and today my sinuses and ears are plugged up!:sad2:

I know well what you mean auntiekris about the tension falling away the closer you get to the mountains. Before we lived in Arnold full time we lived in Pleasant Hill, on Friday evenings, the minute we merged onto Highway 4 the same happened with us.

Wally, good luck with your surgery!

Kathryn, it takes a looong time for avocado trees to bear fruit. When I was a kid (in Oakland) we sprouted a pit that grew to a young tree it was 15 years later that we started getting fruit!

·
Registered
799 Posts
104 this morning. Not sure what I did different, but I'll take it. It may simply be that I got up almost an hour later this morning.

Kathryn, have you ever tried hard tack and cheese? Any high fiber cracker will do, but I specifically like Finnish Hard Bread (round flat hard cracker). This is my nightly snack when I have upset stomach from meds. Haven't needed it in awhile, but it did help prior to my new adventure with type 1.5.

AuntieKris - I'm glad she's getting you in.

·
Super Moderator
9,503 Posts
A 79 (4.4) this morning.

·
Registered
799 Posts
104 just like yesterday! Yay! Alas, this may hange because I'm dropping metformin immediately. Spent an awful night with gut pain. Whether my blood sugar goes up a bit or not, time will tell.

Beautiful weather today. Coolish this morning so back to emptying 30 years of stuff in Mom's attic.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
84, don't know what to make of it. It's not fasting because I've been up for over an hour and had a big cup of BPC, with HWC and the few carbs it contains.

I'll happily take it, it's much better than my usual fasting numbers. This leads me to believe my actual fasting numbers may be higher than my waking numbers. We will see, I'll get my next A1c fairly soon.

It was hot, 101 yesterday. I spent most of my day hiking over 10K' in the mountains, still hot up there, got some sun burn. Being in ketosis I hiked over 5 hours and climbed 3 peaks before eating anything and still was not hungry. I did stop to eat some precooked fatty bacon and some cheese after that.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
85 (4.71) this morning. Erskine fire hasn't grown much and that's a good thing. Presently at 45,388 acres (70 square miles) and 250 homes lost. You have to feel for the guys fighting the fire with temps over 100° and humidity in the low 10-12% range but winds have been light and that has helped a lot.

·
Registered
294 Posts
202 grrr.

Saw the doctor yesterday. She's really hesitant to prescribe insulin. Keeps saying I will gain weight. And I think she really keeps holding out hope that I can do this with diet and exercise. She wanted to increase my metformin and add glipizide and I said absolutely not to the glipizide.

She thinks once I'm on insulin I'll never come off and will go back to eating sh*t if I do. I told her I know I need to stay the LCHF course for the rest of my life, and I just really really really want to give my pancreas a break. So, we're waiting for my A1c to come back today and go from there. I think it'll be so high, she'll prescribe the insulin.

Bungee, good luck with the attic - doesn't sound fun? Or maybe it's bittersweet? However it is, I hope it goes well.

Reactions: moon and Kathryn Mc

·
Registered
799 Posts
202 grrr.

Saw the doctor yesterday. She's really hesitant to prescribe insulin. Keeps saying I will gain weight. And I think she really keeps holding out hope that I can do this with diet and exercise. She wanted to increase my metformin and add glipizide and I said absolutely not to the glipizide.

She thinks once I'm on insulin I'll never come off and will go back to eating sh*t if I do. I told her I know I need to stay the LCHF course for the rest of my life, and I just really really really want to give my pancreas a break. So, we're waiting for my A1c to come back today and go from there. I think it'll be so high, she'll prescribe the insulin.

Bungee, good luck with the attic - doesn't sound fun? Or maybe it's bittersweet? However it is, I hope it goes well.
I'm beginning to think you need a new doctor! :vs_no_no_no:

6261 - 6280 of 7025 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.