The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1001 - 1020 of 7025 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
A 92 (5.1) this morning.

Wow, 17 years. Seems so long, but it can never be long enough. Nancy, so sorry for your loss.

·
carbcrazydog
835 Posts
Did not check today. Had breakfast before I remembered.

gotsomeold- I am so so sorry for your loss. I was just thinking of my dog who passed away last year. He was 15 and in a couple of days his health deteriorated so much that my mom and my brother had to take the call to put him down. I am in a different city far away and I could not be there. He was there to witness my life from my first crush, heartbreaks, career ups and downs, first job, passing away of my dad, my marriage and my son. But I know he went in peace. And he lies there in the garden of my mom's house. And in our hearts. Today used to be his birthday.

I hope these two attachments make you feel better. They helped me during my time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Paulomi, that was so touching. Of course no dry eyes here. Nancy, so glad you could be there to comfort your furbaby.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Paulomi, thank you for those beautiful messages.

I am alright. Just sad and empty and, as you were, a bit stunned because normal aging became a disaster in a matter of days.

I am really glad to have places like The Lounge to share a little bit of our personal lives. I feel hugged.

·
Registered
250 Posts
97 @619am

148g fat
53g carb
217g protein

2479 cal

Reactions: macksvicky

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
93 (5.2) this morning. Cooler this morning (34°F - 1.1°C) and going to be windy today. I hate the wind. :(
Off in a bit to see my Cardiologist to check out the rebuilt pumper. Seems to be doing just fine.
Nancy, sorry for your loss. We love our pets and they show us so much love it's always hard to lose them.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
167 this am. Yesterday forgot the humalog and then went to Walmart so i got a bit of exercise, went all the way to 284 before i returned home about 2 hours later.

I put in a request for and 530G metronic insulin pump, then rep proceeds to tell me that they will pay for a revel. I suspect that pump won't be available when the new one comes to the US. I don't need the CGM but since I have to use this device for the next 4 - 5 years, I believe I should get the newest available here in the US. So today I'm calling the insurance company and see if the medtronic guys are feeding me a bunch of bull malarkey. I also think, my providers's a huge clinic here in Baton Rouge where 1/3 of the doctor's practice know what's available per the insurance company and would never have a given a list and told me to pick one. So we shall see, at any rate should be hooked up as soon as I get the pump and I have training with the rep and 2 hour at the clinic. My CDE only works Monday and Tuesday so it may take awhile. But since she is my age and i like her better than the young ones, I'll be patient.

·
Registered
356 Posts
75 This morning....APRIL FOOLS! It was really 91, but a man can dream. I got into the office a little early and switched everyone's mouse button to left to right. It will take them all day to figure out how to go back. They may need to call NASA...:)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
As Vicky says, no dry eyes over here either. I've decided I'll take comfort in Paulomi's picture of Rex and little Bobbie . . . which means that some of us will have a huge welcoming committee when we get 'up there'. :D :D :D

I am alright. Just sad and empty and, as you were, a bit stunned because normal aging became a disaster in a matter of days.

I am really glad to have places like The Lounge to share a little bit of our personal lives. I feel hugged.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I'm sorry - I misunderstood how you described it. One of mine was a really light sleeper and I finally resorted to playing soft music in his room while he slept to try and mask the household noises. I also threatened to kill anyone who came and rang the doorbell or called on the phone during naptime! ;) 'Course in those days there weren't cell phones, and the landline phones had ringers like fog horns!

·
carbcrazydog
835 Posts
I don't let people ring my doorbell too. I guess somethings remain the same despite generations changing :) I am just grateful that I don't have any jealousy issues to deal with. I was about apprehensive of that part.

I am jealous of my husband though who somehow finds time to stretch on the sofa reading the newspaper. Sometimes I feel I have 2 kids instead of we have two kids ;)

1001 - 1020 of 7025 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.