The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1341 - 1360 of 7025 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
91 (5.1) this morning. There is a slight chance of rain today (20%) and tomorrow but windy ugh, I really hate the wind but April and May are usually our windy months so not unexpected.

·
Registered
250 Posts
95 @627

Glad to see it below 100. Was no lower than 109 all day yesterday. Blaming it on massive protein dose from 30 oz of lean boneless pork chops prior night.

Yesterday:

90g fat
30g carb
92g protein

1353 cal
-400 cal yardwork

Reactions: macksvicky

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
107, certainly not dangerous but with my WOE, 1000mg of metformin daily and my level of exercise I'd like it better.

I may try moving my window of eating earlier in the evening. It can be difficult when I usually don't get home from work till 7:00 PM, at times dinner is at 8:30 or even 9:00 PM.

My logic is, final meal as early as possible, then exercise or walk afterward. This could help consume any serum glucose produced recently. I believe I still don't produce insulin in sufficient quantity during sleep, thereby having high FBG numbers regardless of diet. PP numbers seem OK.

·
Registered
356 Posts
96--Yesterday I went to fix breakfast. No HWC, No bacon, No coconut oil, No Kerrygold butter..a lchf nightmare. I had two apple sausages and some unsweetened almond milk. With no fat for my breakfast, I was starving by 11:00am. Last night, I went to the store, and I had tons of fat for breakfast. I feel so much better today.

·
Registered
20 Posts
115 at 8:00am. I had a hwc shake before going to bed (approx 4oz hwc, 3oz low fat milk( can't help myself ) , 1 tbsp Bob's Red Mill whey protein, vanilla extract, saccharin, pumpkin pie spice). This seems to add about 10 points to my fbs level in the morning

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
115 at 8:00am. I had a hwc shake before going to bed (approx 4oz hwc, 3oz low fat milk( can't help myself ) , 1 tbsp Bob's Red Mill whey protein, vanilla extract, saccharin, pumpkin pie spice). This seems to add about 10 points to my fbs level in the morning
So why do you do it? Do you not wish to reduce your blood sugar levels as much as possible?

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
So why do you do it? Do you not wish to reduce your blood sugar levels as much as possible?
My thoughts exactly.

A 95 (5.3) for me this afternoon. As the Price is Right announcer used to say "mbuster, come on down!!!"

CD, you'll get in trouble, so stay focused.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
94 / 5.2 this morning

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
A 101 (5.6) this morning

·
Registered
250 Posts
96 @ 728am

65g fat
51g carb
125g protein

1987 cal
-400 cal yard work

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Silly doctors. :noidea:
She's thinking of taking me off Lantus. I've already dropped it to 30 units, the reason I didn't drop it to 25 is because I start going to fastings over 100 and post meals over 130. So either she listens or I find a new doc. Just because one is diabetic, does not mean one can not have non diabetic or near non diabetic numbers. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
104 (5.8) this morning. Seems like lately my fasting reading is the highest of the day. Silly liver thinks it's in charge. ;)
Supposed to be windier than yesterday, wind advisory until 11PM tonight with gusts to 55 MPH, UGH.

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Just because one is diabetic, does not mean one can not have non diabetic or near non diabetic numbers. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!
And that makes two of us (at least).

Don't know if it'll help but my routine to get our from under Levemir was actually given me by the doctor. Three days fasting below 80 - cut by 2 units. (The other bit 3 days above 120 - add 2 units never got applied).

Anyway, it took from late August to the beginning of November to cut my dose back from 20 units to Zero. So rather than chopping 20% off the dose at a time, perhaps coming down more gently will deliver the result?

The only logical reason for the doctor worrying about your normal HbA1c is that she feels it represents an average of high numbers and several severe hypos. Does she get a log of your figures when you see her?

1341 - 1360 of 7025 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.