The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

2281 - 2300 of 4540 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,884 Posts
deliciously bad - like eating candy
Given the sugar content in some of the sauces, probably not far off the mark!

enjoying a deliciously bad western chinese food - I'll do it - after 52 years of living with Type 1 it hasn't killed me yet. :smile2: and I'm still having fun ...
If a "cheat" meal spikes our BG, well, that's why we manage our BG so closely the rest of the time, right? I'd rather see a BG rise that I know is coming than be surprised by one from something I ate that I didn't think would hit me so hard.

Especially as we come into the holidays (Canadian Thanksgiving already past), there will be plenty of temptations. If it really adds to our day to splurge just once in a while, well, we can enjoy eating "whatever" and it's a nice release for when I go back to the world of not eating "whatever". I know for some people one bite is too many and dozens are not enough. But for those who can stick to the occasional splurge, it can make life more enjoyable.

·
Registered
T2
1,198 Posts
It's been a couple weeks since I have posted. Not a fasting blood glucose, but I saw the Dr. today, A1c in April 8.5, A1c in July 8.2, A1c today 5.5. Lost over 20 lbs. in 6 months. Eating low carb high fat, not quite truly keto.
Awesome! Congrats to you. :clap2::clap2:

Reactions: gamtn06

·
Super Moderator
9,657 Posts
It's been a couple weeks since I have posted. Not a fasting blood glucose, but I saw the Dr. today, A1c in April 8.5, A1c in July 8.2, A1c today 5.5. Lost over 20 lbs. in 6 months. Eating low carb high fat, not quite truly keto.
Congrats, congrats, congrats. Well done!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,657 Posts
An 86 this afternoon after one night of graveyard, two more to go this round.

·
Super Moderator
9,657 Posts
A 79 this afternoon, 2 nights down, one to go.

2281 - 2300 of 4540 Posts