·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Today, 19 Mar 21 - 118

Reactions: etherea

·
Registered
19 Posts
A 173 this morning. Yesterday while I was eating lunch, a piece of fish and some zucchini, I had a low blood sugar reaction. I checked and my level was down to 55. I know the signs, shaking and loss of coordination, and had to take steps to raise it back up.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
OMG...today, 20 Mar 21, my BG was 98! I can't believe it. I drank a couple of Michelob Ultras last night. Maybe that's the key LOL.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
A 106 this morning.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
OMG...today, 20 Mar 21, my BG was 98! I can't believe it. I drank a couple of Michelob Ultras last night. Maybe that's the key LOL.
Alcohol does occupy the livers attention trying to deal with it and keeps it from doing its other normal stuff. I've seen my BG be surprisingly lower than I expected at times after a drink or two the night before, but I can't seem to make it repeatable with consistency, but always thought it was worth a "shot" (pun intended) LOL

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
A 116 this morning. Went to my son's house for his birthday cookout. Ate too many chips and dip. No help from the Michelob Ultra, Corona Premiers, or top shelf margarita.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
I was at 102 this morning.

Reactions: alamogirl

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
I was at 164 this morning.
Stay after it, it will come down.

I was a 113 this morning. Had chili dogs for super last night and no snacks afterwards, even with watching basketball. But twas a dark and stormy night with lights blinking and heavy rain and lots of thunder.

Reactions: alamogirl

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Today, 23 Mar 21 - 124
Yesterday, 22 Mar 21 - 127

Does anyone think that my high BG could be due to the Unisom sleep aid I sometimes take at night? I take 1/2 or 1/4 tab.

·
Super Moderator
1,864 Posts
Does anyone think that my high BG could be due to the Unisom sleep aid I sometimes take
It's always possible. But when I looked up the active ingredient in Unisom, increased blood glucose levels were reported only about 1/2 of one percent of the time. You could be part of that 1/2 of one percent.

Might it be worth trying a different sleep aid? Our bodies naturally produce melatonin to ready us for sleep and melatonin tablets are widely available. As with any medication or supplement, there might be a reason you couldn't take a melatonin supplement. But it could be an alternative. If you're not taking something steadily, however, many other variables which could affect your readings and it would make comparison difficult.

Alamogirl, you might want to make this a new topic in one of the other forums, to catch posters who may not be following this thread.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Today, 25 Mar 21 - 124
Yesterday, 24 Mar 21 - 112

Reactions: etherea and mbuster

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
A 99 this morning.

·
Registered
107 Posts
alamogirl

Morning high numbers can be a thing called the "Dawn" effect. I had them. In this your body gives you a shot of sugar like a liver dump to get you going. I don't sleep well and if I get up an hour before my wakeup time and lay back down for that hour I have this. Some have it all the time if you are on a schedule all the time. Like getting up at 6am every day for years. Some try to have the meter close and do a reading earlier than wake up time before you even get out of bed. If all your other numbers are good this could be it.

4401 - 4420 of 4497 Posts