The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

4421 - 4440 of 4497 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
A 123 this morning. It was up, for me, all day yesterday after a colonoscopy. Eating the rest of the fried baby red potatoes that BH made for herself but didn't eat did not help.

Nothing out of the norm seen. Nurse asked me before the procedure if I'd had anything like this done before. I told her 10 years ago and she said if I was lucky, I may not have to do this again. I told her if they were recommended every 10 years then I would feel lucky if I got to do 4 or 5 more.

Reactions: alamogirl

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
A 99 this morning.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
A 100 this morning.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
134 this morning
I'm beginning to think it's from my vaccination. I haven't had any "bad" foods.
At least it hasn't sky rocketed. You are still good.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
A 113 this mourning. Began mourning the Hogs last night.

Reactions: alamogirl

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Today, 30 Mar 21 - 124
Yesterday, 29 Mar 21 - 126

Reactions: mbuster

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
alamogirl

Morning high numbers can be a thing called the "Dawn" effect. I had them. In this your body gives you a shot of sugar like a liver dump to get you going. I don't sleep well and if I get up an hour before my wakeup time and lay back down for that hour I have this. Some have it all the time if you are on a schedule all the time. Like getting up at 6am every day for years. Some try to have the meter close and do a reading earlier than wake up time before you even get out of bed. If all your other numbers are good this could be it.
Hi HappyJack,

I thought of the dawn effect. Come to think about it, sometimes I do wake up about an hour before my alarm goes off to go to the restroom. Never thought to take my reading earlier than wake up. Maybe I'll give it a try :)

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
109 this morning.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
A 109 again this morning.

·
Registered
26 Posts
150 this morning. That’s about 20-30 points higher than usual. I was quite hungry yesterday at supper time. Eggplant and mushroom lasagna. No pasta. Just vegetables and cheese. Later I snacked on granola. That was the culprit.

4421 - 4440 of 4497 Posts