The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

4621 - 4640 of 4653 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,723 Posts
Have you compared your meter reading with a lab test reading? Check your BG as soon right before or after they draw blood at the doctors office? Maybe next time they plan to do a fasting blood draw, ask for a fasting insulin test. If it is low and your BG is high, ask the doctor what that means. Should prompt them to do further testing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Have you compared your meter reading with a lab test reading? Check your BG as soon right before or after they draw blood at the doctors office? Maybe next time they plan to do a fasting blood draw, ask for a fasting insulin test. If it is low and your BG is high, ask the doctor what that means. Should prompt them to do further testing.
Not lately, though I’m about due for a yearly exam anyway. Just waiting to see who Kaiser assigns me to now, since my old PCP just retired.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not lately, though I’m about due for a yearly exam anyway. Just waiting to see who Kaiser assigns me to now, since my old PCP just retired.
PS: One irony, last night I ate nothing after dinner. The morning I got my most recent “low” of 148, I had done….poorly the night before, only partly offset by doing some late night rowing.

·
Super Moderator
9,723 Posts
Today, 8 Jun 21 - 122

I have a dr appt today UGH! Just found out about 2 weeks ago that my PCP is leaving the group. Time to find another PCP...SIGH! Today will be my last visit with her.
Good luck on your new PCP quest, maybe the one you are seeing today can refer you to several good choices.

·
Registered
T2
1,217 Posts
Good luck on your new PCP quest, maybe the one you are seeing today can refer you to several good choices.
Thanks! My PCP is leaving because she is opening her own clinic. She said that if I decide not to follow her, she recommends the other doc who is currently on staff. I'll probably go with him, but I really prefer a female doc.

4621 - 4640 of 4653 Posts