The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
4721 - 4740 of 4779 Posts

·
Registered
T2
1,264 Posts
Today, 10 Aug 21 - 128
Yesterday, 9 Aug 21 - 130

I've come to the conclusion that stress is wrecking havoc :oops: on my sugar levels. I'm retiring (y) at the end of the year, and I'm so overwhelmed with all the forms I have to submit. It's the last thing on my mind when I go to bed, and it's the first thing on my mind when I wake up. I guess I'm going to have to deal with these levels until I get a better handle on my stress or until I retire. I'm actually searching to find a therapist to help with the transition.

I'm not doing anything differently. I'm still eating low carb, with an occasion slip up. I've stopped drinking Coke Zero and sugar-free tea (Splenda), If I drink a Coke Zero, it's during lunchtime. Otherwise, I drink lots of water. I don't eat anything past 8:30 or 9:00 pm. I do low impact exercises (walking, cutting the grass, etc.)

Thanks for listening :)

·
Super Moderator
2,003 Posts
Congrats on the retirement, alamogirl! My wife retired last year and there was a staggering amount of paper involved. A few decisions you only get to make once, too. But you'll get through it -- everyone does -- and you'll be happier on the other side. Just keep plugging away at it! The stress will subside.

·
Super Moderator
9,882 Posts
I've come to the conclusion that stress is wrecking havoc :oops: on my sugar levels. I'm retiring (y) at the end of the year, and I'm so overwhelmed with all the forms I have to submit. It's the last thing on my mind when I go to bed, and it's the first thing on my mind when I wake up. I guess I'm going to have to deal with these levels until I get a better handle on my stress or until I retire. I'm actually searching to find a therapist to help with the transition.

Thanks for listening :)
There are a lot of options out there to consider when retiring. I went thru it last year and it is stressful but you still have some time left. My biggest stress thing was medicare. My advice is to not just look at initial costs, because what saves you money up front may cost you more by the end of the year, in deductibles, copays, in/out of network.

It helps to have a good insurance agency to use. I have used Farm Bureau for years and they deal with Arkansas BCBS for Medicare plans but he didn't push it for my part D coverage and showed me how to use the medicare tool for looking up and comparing available plans and total costs. Copays varied a lot between plans, before and after deductible are met, and even between pharmacies the plans preferred. He also showed me we were better off keeping my work COBRA plan for my wife as long as she was eligible to have it. It wasn't in the up front cost which was our main focus going in. He could have just as easily tried to sell us one of their plans and made a commission. Little things like that means a lot.

OH a 100 this morning, a 117 yesterday.

·
Registered
T2
1,264 Posts
Thank you for the congrats and words of encouragement. It means a lot!

OMG...Medicare. That's another hump...LOL! I turn 65 next Sep 2022.

Well, my BG for today, 13 Aug 21, was 150. I took it again 5 min later, and it remained the same.

I have contractors working in my home. I am renovating my master RR. That alone is stressful. My anxiety is sky-high because of all chaos, and I couldn't sleep last night, so I'm feeling like this 🙃. I submitted one of my retirement papers. I have to do it in steps 🙄.

Have a great weekend everyone.

·
Super Moderator
9,882 Posts
It will all be worth it when its over. Well at least you shouldn't be stressed over worrying with Medicare until June next year (3 months each side of birth month).

129 this morning

·
Super Moderator
9,882 Posts
A 127 here this morning.

·
Registered
T2
1,264 Posts
124 this morning
Congrats, alamogirl! I retired at the end of last year and there were soooo many hoops to jump through! And yes, stress is very bad for your blood sugar😢
I think I remember when you wrote that you had retired. Well Congrats again :).

Today, 16 Aug 21 - 118 - Finally...a level under 120 (y)

4721 - 4740 of 4779 Posts