The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
4841 - 4860 of 4902 Posts

·
Administrator
2,146 Posts
he always assures me I'm doing great
Well, your numbers may be higher than we'd like to see, but they're a function of many things, some of which we hav very little jurisdiction.

In your favor, your numbers are relatively low and they're pretty consistent: your results lately always seem to fall within a range of around 20%. I've seen studies that contend that keeping tight control is more healthful than large swings (87 one morning, 132 the next).

Second, some doctors like their diabetic patients to run a little high as a cushion against hypos. I would argue that this makes more sense for patients who are not managing their BG tightly; for people like you, who are watching what you're eating and testing, the odds you'll suddenly go low are not against you. So why keep your BG near damaging levels to avoid a hypo that's pretty unlikely?

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Well, your numbers may be higher than we'd like to see, but they're a function of many things, some of which we hav very little jurisdiction.

In your favor, your numbers are relatively low and they're pretty consistent: your results lately always seem to fall within a range of around 20%. I've seen studies that contend that keeping tight control is more healthful than large swings (87 one morning, 132 the next).

Second, some doctors like their diabetic patients to run a little high as a cushion against hypos. I would argue that this makes more sense for patients who are not managing their BG tightly; for people like you, who are watching what you're eating and testing, the odds you'll suddenly go low are not against you. So why keep your BG near damaging levels to avoid a hypo that's pretty unlikely?
Thanks itissteve! I always appreciate your encouragement.

·
Super Moderator
10,017 Posts
A 113 yesterday and 93 this morning. I may be itissteves inconsistent example.

·
Super Moderator
10,017 Posts
Yep, I am the itissteve's inconsistent poster child. A 137 this morning. Sat down with the rest of BH's roasted peanuts last night before bed. BH has no more roasted peanuts this morning.

On a plus side, my blood ketone meter showed 0.2 which is better than the LO I was expecting to see.

·
Registered
541 Posts
137 this morning
102 last night
I bought some new "keto" hot dog buns. Just had one last night and I guess BH will get the rest while I go bunless again.
Isn't it frustrating how even the least amount of carbs kicks up the numbers? I had the same problem yesterday myself.

4841 - 4860 of 4902 Posts