The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
4881 - 4900 of 4902 Posts

·
Registered
T2
1,282 Posts
How have you customized your keto diet? I'm always curious as to how others manage their diet. Maybe you could start a new thread to discuss this?
Oh fangirl, I don't consider myself an expert on KETO. I only go by the foods listed in thedietdoctor site. I stick to the foods with the low end of the numbers but once or twice a week, I will eat something from the middle to high end of the numbers. When I do this, I only select one item and not a whole entree. For instance, maybe twice a week, I will eat a corn tortilla, but my main meal will consist of beef or chicken fajitas, no rice, no beans. Sometimes, I'll have Mexican beef soup, and I'll skip the starches that make the soup so good 😁, but I'll have a corn tortilla instead. I don't always eat chips and salsa, but when I do, I limit myself to 5 chips. I just make sure they are not broken 😄 pieces.

·
Super Moderator
10,017 Posts
A 100 this morning.

·
Super Moderator
10,017 Posts
A 117 this morning.

Reactions: HappyJack

·
Super Moderator
10,017 Posts
An 87 this morning.

·
Super Moderator
10,017 Posts
A 104 yesterday morning. A 103 this morning.

·
Super Moderator
10,017 Posts
A 97 this morning.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all.

·
Super Moderator
10,017 Posts
A 93 this morning, but I didn't do Thanksgiving yesterday, that's happening today. We shall see what the 'morrow will bring.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Here's a week's worth of fasting numbers.
113 - Friday the 19th, the day of surgery
153 - Saturday the 20th. I suspect the stress and trauma of surgery plus anesthesia.
111 - Sunday the 21st
116 - Monday the 22nd
140 - Tuesday the 23rd. My son made his special mac 'n cheese recipe and I ate a lot of it - too yummy! I knew it was bad for me and ate it anyway.
134 - Wednesday the 24th. Uh, more of the mac 'n cheese
182 - Thursday the 25th. I still blame the mac 'n cheese, plus an everything bagel.
119 - Friday the 26th. Not too bad for the day after Thanksgiving feast - no sweets.

Got rid of the carby leftovers today and getting back on the low carb train.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I only go by the foods listed in thedietdoctor site. I stick to the foods with the low end of the numbers but once or twice a week, I will eat something from the middle to high end of the numbers.
Oh I LOVE that site! It is incredibly useful. In fact, I'm currently following their high protein program to help with the weight loss and it works to stabilize my blood sugars as well.

I like the idea of allowing yourself a limited amount of yummies. It helps keep you from feeling deprived, but limiting that to once or twice a week means you are still keeping low carb. Heck yeah, no broken chips!! (y)

4881 - 4900 of 4902 Posts