The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
5261 - 5280 of 5284 Posts

·
Registered
T2
1,376 Posts
I feel your pain @alamogirl Yesterday mine was 148--could have been the watermelon? I spent all day yesterday at the ER with my husband. Got there at 8am and they finally decided to admit him. I spent the night at the hospital and didn't have my glucometer with me. You don't get much sleep at the hospital even if you aren't the patient!
I hope your husband is doing better. Speedy recovery to him🙏.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Hospitals are the worst places to get rest!
But, etherea, do you think stress might have elevated your FBG? I hope your husband recovers quickly!
I think you're right @itissteve! He was released yesterday afternoon after a lot of tests and I was at 123 this morning. They were concerned that he might have had a stroke, but luckily he was cleared on that. The said vertigo is always either the brain or the ears. I've had it, but never like he gets it.
He'll be 68 next month and this is only the second time he's ever spent a night in the hospital.
Edited to add: They prescribed him a statin even though his numbers are great. I discouraged him from filling that prescription!

·
Administrator
2,571 Posts
Well, that's much better than the reading from the other day!

I'm not sure I've ever eaten Vienna sausages. Not sure how that's possible. Might have to buy a can and remember.

Reactions: etherea

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Well, that's much better than the reading from the other day!
I'm not sure I've ever eaten Vienna sausages. Not sure how that's possible. Might have to buy a can and remember.
It isn't my first choice when I'm home, but it does travel well. I usually have some because they are always needed at the food pantry I help stock and at the animal shelter I like to donate to. I buy a flat of them at Sam's.
If you buy a can at the grocery store they have flavors--BBQ and jalapeno.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
OOPS - - too low for me. 3.4mm that's about 62 when I woke so I have had a bowl of muesli and a slice of fruit loaf for breakfast so am feeling fine again.
I seldom eat cereal even though I do like it but it always puts my glucose level up.
What would you have done?
That is too low. I rarely go very low, but that would require some sort of sugar/carbs. I would only be wary of having too many and over correcting.

5261 - 5280 of 5284 Posts