The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
5661 - 5680 of 5708 Posts

· Super Moderator
10,667 Posts
A 120 here this morning.

Guacamole for lunch, summer sausage and cheese slices for supper, didn't go crazy snacking on anything during the ball game, but no bike riding last 2 nights.

· Registered
T2
1,473 Posts
Today, 13 Jan 23 - 166 😳. All I had to eat last night was a bowl of Campbell soup.

I’ve been sick in bed with allergies. The mountain cedar is very high right now. They are predicting the mountain cedar to be high thru Feb. When I feel sick like that, the thought of proteins and fats make my stomach do flip flops 🤢

· Registered
T2
1,473 Posts
101 this morning
89 yestermorn
Good to see you back @NYRican!
@alamogirl I've never heard of Mountain Cedar. I'm sorry for your allergies! Hope you feel better sooner than later.
Mountain cedar is a Texas thing. I’s a juniper tree that makes us miserable from around Dec - Feb. I had two big ones in front of my house that I had removed. I was watching the news, and they said that it is really high. I’m not sure why we call it mountain cedar. Texas has hills, not mountains, and Juniper is not cedar, so go figure 🙄.

I do feel better, thank you, but I have not been watching my carbs 😳. I just discovered Chick-fil-A chicken soup. I had that a couple of times over the weekend. A bowl has about 38 gm of carbs. A cup around 25 gm. It made me feel good inside 😊.

Welcome back @NYRican 😉.

· Registered
1,877 Posts
Wow, I ran out of slow acting insulin last night, Walgreens ran out and needed a couple of days to get more. Therefore, I missed my nightly injection and my BS was at 143 this morning...I will pick up my insulin this afternoon and eat 0 carbs until then...the only other med's I take for diabetes is metformin...

First time this has every happened, I will order my insulin sooner from now on.

· Super Moderator
10,667 Posts
Had a 103 this morning.

Alamogirl, glad your feeling better, chicken noodle soup is supposed to be a cure all.

Div, here's hoping they get your insulin in and you get back to normal.

· Registered
1,877 Posts
Had a 103 this morning.

Alamogirl, glad your feeling better, chicken noodle soup is supposed to be a cure all.

Div, here's hoping they get your insulin in and you get back to normal.
Got my insulin (slow acting) yesterday morning, so my dose last night was my normal 40u. I ate a bowl of home made white beans and ham last night for dinner. Hoping it would not blow up my BS to much. Yet this morning my Bs was 150! Yikes, I guess those beans are high in carbs, I should have checked it out...

· Administrator
2,721 Posts
I guess those beans are high in carbs
Beans are high in carbs and fiber but the fiber rarely pushes the carbs down enough. The only beans I've found that are close are black soybeans. They're available canned or dried. I don't use them often because they're still 5 grams net carbs in 1/2 cup but they scratch the bean itch when I have it.

5661 - 5680 of 5708 Posts