The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

921 - 940 of 4493 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
94, a pleasant surprise. I did have a cornmeal taco shell broken in half for a base of a tostada at lunch. Looks like I handled it OK. I'm sure the brisk 2.5 mile walk before dark didn't hurt either.

Reactions: mbuster

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
2 nights down of 4, a 97 FBG this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
99, ate virtually no carbs yesterday. BPC for breakfast, steak for lunch and dinner, cheese and wine late night, plus a 3 mile brisk walk.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
Back up to triple digits, a 108 this afternoon. I had some anasazi beans last night that I had retrograded. The microwave oven at work reheated them much more than the one at home. Had an issue at work that didn't allow me to retest after eating. Will try again tonight using lower settings and hope nothing happens to keep me from testing afterwards.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I was 90 mg/dl this morning - hurray!

Interesting, noticed a new BG trend - I used to run predominantly high first thing in the morning where I would average in or around the 288 mg/dl mark. Now it's shifted where my highs are usually before going to bed - in around the 225 mg/dl. I think this coincides with eating too late in the day.

But with fast acting insulins I've been giving myself 4 - 6 units of humalog before going to bed and this seems to stabilize my BGs throughout the night and in to the morning.

This is progress for me, as the amount of time that I'm High has decreased significantly. But still room to improve.

·
Registered
782 Posts
132 today.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
After my last night of graveyard shift and a short nap, I tested a 106 about an hour after I got up.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
An FBG of 107 this morning, blood ketones 0.5

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Today, 18 Jan 18 - 120. Don't know why it was that high. I had cucs and ranch dressing for a snack last night.

·
Registered
632 Posts
My BGs were not good this morning 300 mg/dl. The only thing I can think of is that my immune system may be in overdrive fighting off something.

My workplace this week has been full of people coughing, in fact there is a women over in the area next to me - I swear it sounds like she is ready to die!!!

Our weather has been so up and down with temperatures this year lung congestion illnesses seem to be rampant.

So ... I have given myself 4 extra units of fast acting insulin and I will be skipping any snacks and we will see what it is in another 30 minutes or so.

Gee - I wish that women would go home - think I'll put the old headphones on today and listen to some punk music - that ought drown out all this coughing noise - Yikes!

·
Registered
632 Posts
So ... I have given myself 4 extra units of fast acting insulin and I will be skipping any snacks and we will see what it is in another 30 minutes or so.
I'm now down to 116 mg/dl so it's heading in the right direction. I suspect in another 30 minutes I'll be in the normal range.

Back when I was a little kid - all I took was one shot of long lasting insulin (Lente made from Beef and Pork) every morning and seldom tested. I often wonder how high my BGS may have gotten at that time.

Doesn't seem to have mattered though ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, this is a bit depressing.

I woke up at 243 and was excited because that's better than my usual 300 or higher.

:surprise:
I see you are on a very low dose of insulin, if you are still doing the every 3 days up dose 3units. then you have a way to go yet.
I take 46units a day just to keep under 150 and some days it's still a little higher :surprise:

921 - 940 of 4493 Posts